[SOLD] - Longstaff 531 Audax Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
NOW SOLD

I purchased this frame from a Longstaff employee who originally built the bike for himself but then used the parts to build a road bike. I was assured the frame had done less than 500 miles before being stripped down. I was going to rebuild with carbon forks but have changed my mind and intend to build a new tourer instead.

Some pictures and sizes here: http://www.bikepacker.co.uk/sales.htm

£200 collected from my home near Worcester.

email. alan@bikepacker.co.uk
or pm

Ah, the late great George Longstaff, that frame will be perfect, possibly the greatest home grown bike builder there was. If that frame had horizontal dropouts I would have snapped it up and it looks my size, 60cm ish? I had the pleasure of riding with George about 8 years ago I think when we "stole" a 'bent, that's another story. Good luck with selling it, should go quickly.

Manonabike

Über Member
I have two Reynolds 531 and I know for sure they are genuine as I bought one of them new in 1990. The other is quite a bit older but I'm pretty sure it is 531 too. Both frames are the same size and their weight is identical. I might be wrong but I thought all 531 had horizontal dropouts and the seat stays were flat at the top, hence my comment "it doesn't look like a 531 to me"

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Interesting comments

I think it is also missing lug work on the bottom bracket and steerer. And it looks like a wrap round on the seat stays ?

Saying that ain't 531, 631, Reynolds or any other tubing like Columbus, just the tubing ?

Its up to the frame builder to make it his. So a 531 or any other tubing can come in any design and forms ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom