[SOLD] - Peugeot Tandem for sale £225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesMorgan

Rare opportunity to buy a classic 1980's Peugeot Grand Touring Tandem. I bought this new in 1984 (I have original receipt). It was used on a couple of touring holidays with full camping gear. Since then it has only been used a couple of times a year - probably no more than 1500 miles in total. Quality is reasonable considering its age but would benefit from some TLC, in particular some of the paintwork would benefit from some touch-up repairs. There are also some rust spots on the chrome work. When the bike was a couple of years old it developed a crack where one of the brakes was brazed onto the frame. I had all these fittings re-brazed by a local tandem builder and have no problems with these over the past 20 years. Whilst the bike all seems sound mechanically it would benefit from a service as it has only seen very light use over the past 20 years. Peugeot Tandems were market leaders in the 1980's (similar to Dawes Tandems today), but a lot of fittings are French specific and might suit an enthusiast. The web site peugeottandem.com provides lots of details on servicing and upgrades.

Frame size 21.5 inch front/20.5 inch rear (I am 5'9, and my wife is 5'4)

Gears - Simplex 10 speed. 52-36 front, 14-34 rear. This is low enough to get up most big hills even when fully loaded

Brakes - front and rear cantilever, rear Atom drum brake

Dynamo - although only rear light still present, wiring is present for front light

Front pannier rack

Wheels - 28 inch. Tyres would probably benefit from being replaced. Tread is OK, but walls look a little perished.

Photos can be seen on http://www.flickr.co...57626548395001/

Buyer collects (Redditch, Worcs), or I can deliver for petrol cost

Very nice - methinks they are Simplex gears though.

OP
OP
J

JamesMorgan

That hub brake is a legend.

Yes, it is really good. Apparently it was initially fitted to a Peugeot moped. That said you need good brakes as the bike can really pick up speed going downhill. The highest I have reached is 55 mph. It may have been even higher but I had an analogue speedo on it at the time and it hit its maximum speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom