SOLD: Pinnacle Arkose 2 with upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Thank God! I was close to emptying the piggy bank.
I almost bought it off myself :laugh:

I've just not got the room to keep it. I live in an old peoples home (bungalow). I had to build an extension for the bikes I've got left :laugh:

Don't need this (plus I had to check google to know where Newcastle under Lyme was .... what does under mean in this context, anyway? but I digress) , but I've been interested in this bike since The Bike Show reviewed it. Plus I am two inches shorter than @djb1971, so it probably would fit me nicely.

So, congrats to the new owner. Do listen to the review. It's not technical (as I remember) but it made me want the bike.

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Don't need this (plus I had to check google to know where Newcastle under Lyme was .... what does under mean in this context, anyway?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle-under-Lyme

I've been interested in this bike since The Bike Show reviewed it. Plus I am two inches shorter than @djb1971, so it probably would fit me nicely.

So, congrats to the new owner. Do listen to the review. It's not technical (as I remember) but it made me want the bike.
It rides a bit better off road than my pickenflick but that cost me too much to get rid of it, plus it's Ti

He'll love it

Thank you!

I (skim) read it, but it doesn't deal with the problem I have: "under"

I live in the (London Borough of) Richmond-Upon-Thames. That's clear. It's on or "upon" the river. I don't really understand what being "under" something means, geographically.

(Oh, I wouldn't ask this and derail your thread, but presuming it's sold, I feel it's ok. Promise to delete all my posts if the sale falls through)

under the forest/woodland, I don't think it's to do with the local Lyme Brook(which was also probably named after the forest it ran through)
Oh, so south of ? My google-fu is letting me down on this one. I was briefly ready to blame you for Lyme disease (which messed up my search ... Lyme/Woodland gets you pages about Lyme disease), but I see we can blame Connecticut for that one.

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
I think under the trees is closer, not south of. Under has something above it. upon has something below it. That's how I figure it out, it's possibly wrong. Our locals are useless for historical info, some of them look as though they were around during roman times too:laugh:

The new bit was a roman fort but castle sounds better.

I think under the trees is closer, not south of. Under has something above it. upon has something below it. That's how I figure it out, it's possibly wrong. Our locals are useless for historical info, some of them look as though they were around during roman times too:laugh:

The new bit was a roman fort but castle sounds better.

Perfect answer. I will leave you alone now.

Top Bottom