SOLD Raleigh courier singlespeed for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gareth01244

Über Member
I have a really nice mid 80s Raleigh courier town bike for sale, originally it was a Sturmey Archer geared bike but I have converted it to single speed and replaced the steel wheels with polished alloy rims along with a set of new Schwalbe delta cruiser tyres, the bike also has new Tektro long drop brakes(pics show original set but have since changed) and new Velo Orange handlebar and grips. The brake levers are new Dia compe and the quill stem is also new polished alloy( pics show 60mm, bike now has 90mm). The frame is a 58cm and is virtually unmarked, no rust and only one slight scuff to the front right fork which is difficult to see on the pics, the colour coded rack and mudguards are also in great condition, I do have the original chain guard it has a few scuffs on it but will include it in the sale. The Heron stamped cranks are in great condition with no rust coming through the chrome, the pedals are a set of new SKS ones, the original pedals are available and again are in excellent condition.The Brooks saddle is brand new but isn't included in the sale unless you want to make me an offer on it. Looking for £155 DSCF7398.JPG DSCF7401.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF7400.JPG
    DSCF7400.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF7399.JPG
    DSCF7399.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF7413.JPG
    DSCF7413.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 14

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice :becool:
I've nearly finished my very similar bike but I stuck with the original 3spd SA AW hub which I had laced to a RMX L7 19 rim (622x19mm) instead of the chrome 26" x 1 3/8" originals with the same model rim laced to a front Shimano Dynohub that I'd got (both done by John at Bob Warner Cycles with plain guage stainless spokes) with Dura 'gumwall' tyres (28x700c)
I changed the crank to a 48 tooth Stronglight ally one (square taper but a non-spider type so it looks suitably 'period') and fitted Ergotec 'Toulouse' bars (similar to 'North road' but with less rise) and some Clarkes Tan 'leather look' stitched ergo grips.
Like you I've left off the chainguard (but still got it) and next purchase will be a Honey Brooks (probably a B17n or possibly a B67) and possibly mudguards :unsure:
£150 seems a great price for yours though (be worth a lot more in 'that there London' :giggle:) but I'd chuck in the SA hub just in case anyone wants to ride it in 'hillier' areas (unless you have plans to use the hub gear/lever on another project)
Great looking bike though. :wub:

broady

Veteran
Love John at Bob Warner's! So many tips that he has given me over the years. I just feel guilty when it comes to paying!!
The bike does look nice, but I'm still trying to downsize the bike collection at present :sad:

OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Über Member
This is still available, wondering if it would be more likely to sell if it had 700c wheels and lost some of its retro look by sticking flat bars to create a more modern single speed look?
I went with the 26 wheels as it seemed a shame to loose the colour co ordinated mudguards and rear rack.

Top Bottom