[SOLD] - SOLD - For Sale Surly Crosscheck Complete or Partial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Right, this could get complicated but here goes, I'm selling my Crosscheck and possibly as a complete bike, or as parts, depending on buyer requirements. Priority will be given to anyone wanting to buy the whole shebang. But dibs can be taken for parts if I end up breaking it. Reason for sale is that a move to disc brakes and new bike builds had relegated the Crosscheck to pub/shopper duties. But no way can I bring myself to leave this around so I've resurrected the old Dawes frame and am selling this. Here is a link to various pictures of the bike:-
http://www.flickr.co...57622858297887/
the full current spec is detailed below showing cost price and the sale price which is a reduction of 40%, none of these prices include shipping but collection/inspection is welcome(I can also deliver within reason). The overall sale price comes out at £725.40 but I'll reduce that further to £650 for a complete bike sale. I can also alter the bike to flat bars with no grips and swapping the adjustable v-brake noodles for standard ones, plus putting on standard flat bar v-brake levers, this would knock £30 off. The I-9 twist shifter is mounted on my own bar end adaptor, but this only comes with the Midge drop bars.

60cm frame, forks(uncut) black and Surly seatpost clamp silver - cost £305 - sale £183
headset and spacers - BBB turnaround black - cost £43 - sale £25.80
stem - Easton EA30 black 105mm 25.4mm clamp +/- 6 deg, 2 bolt face plate, is nearly new - cost £15 - sale £9
bars/grips - On One Midge black 25.4mm clamp, black bar tape over tubular foam grips - cost £47 - sale £28.20
brake levers/cables - Tektro RL520 black, v-brake drop bar levers with adjustable v-brake noodles, new cables - cost £50 - sale £30
seatpost - Diamondback black, 20mm setback, 270mm length, 27.2mm size - cost £10 - sale £6
saddle - can offer Spec Comp 143mm in black - cost £30 - sale £18
Sold - bottle cages - 2 plain black - cost £10 - sale £6
Dibbed to Howard - mudguards - SKS chromoplastic in silver - cost £30 - sale £18
Dibbed to Howard - rack - Madison summit with light mount pillar(no lights) - cost £30 - sale £18
Sold - bottom bracket - Shimano UN54 square taper - cost £10 - sale £6
brakes - Shimano Deore v-brakes black with fairly new brake blocks - cost £30 - sale £18
pedals - can offer choice of platforms with clips and straps - cost £15 - sale £9
Sold - chain - SRAM with powerlink again pretty new, sub 200 miles - cost £15 - sale £9
Sold - chainset - Ofmega Alpine LP, 170mm 5bolt, 110mm BCD pretty new 36t chainring, will throw in previous 48t as well - cost £40 - sale £24
Dibbed to Howard - front wheel - Shimano 105 36h black hub, Mavic A719 black rim, silver spokes, handbuilt by LBS - cost £100 - sale £60
Sold - rear wheel - SRAM I-9 hub gear silver, 20t cog, fitting kit, twist shifter, silver spokes, Mavic A719 36h rim black - cost £369 - sale £221.40
Dibbed to Howard - tyres/tubes - Schwalbe M+ 700x35 with Spec inner tubes - cost £60 - sale £36

Howard

Right, this could get complicated but here goes, I'm selling my Crosscheck and possibly as a complete bike...

Great prices, lovely bike. So glad this isn't my size! I'll take the front wheel, guards and the tyers off you if you split. Assume you could post to London at cost?

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Great prices, lovely bike. So glad this isn't my size! I'll take the front wheel, guards and the tyers off you if you split. Assume you could post to London at cost?

ok, you have dibs on those bits, I could probably drop off in London, to be honest I'd ideally flog all but the rear wheel/hub gear combo.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

One further offer as I'd not mind keeping the I-9 drivetrain:-

everything excluding the rear wheel(but including the tyre and tube), chainset, pedals and chain has a sale price of £462 - I'll let that bundle go at £400

So that's £400 for a bike that you could throw on a rear wheel, chain, chainset, deraillers and some bar end shifters and have a great commuting/touring setup.

oh yeah, I'll leave the little Halfords wired computer on as well.

Howard

everything excluding the rear wheel(but including the tyre and tube), chainset, pedals and chain has a sale price of £462 - I'll let that bundle go at £400

Bargain. These frames are lovely, true do-it-alls, and at £300 a pop for the frame alone I'd be surprised if this isn't snapped up quickly. Good luck with the sale.

derosa

Bargain. These frames are lovely, true do-it-alls, and at £300 a pop for the frame alone I'd be surprised if this isn't snapped up quickly. Good luck with the sale.

+1
I commute on my 63cm Cross Check every day. Brilliant piece of kit - would recommend.

Pedaldog

Fatter than thou!
Had I any spare money I would be ijn like FLYNN for the completeb set up. sounds excellent to me.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Right, I've had an offer on the chainse and rear wheel which I've accepted and I have Howard down as dibs for the front wheel, both tubes and tyres and the mudguards. Original post updated and will PM Howard.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Due to bits going a new bundled deal:-

frame, forks, headset, spacers, stem, bars wrapped, levers, brakes, seatpost and saddle - £250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom