*SOLD* Specialized E-bike charger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic

Attachments

• PXL_20230925_174930897_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20230925_174930897_Original.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230925_175019339_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20230925_175019339_Original.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230925_175048934_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20230925_175048934_Original.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 6

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oh no, sorry yo hear that. How did it get pinched?

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Oh no, sorry yo hear that. How did it get pinched?

We’d just moved from London and it was taken on our first night in the new house. The bike was the only thing in my garage and the thief broke in through the side window and opened the roller shutter from inside. The garage is detached and we heard nothing.

I have my suspicions…

We have significantly improved security since with cameras, alarms, ground anchors, and flamethrowers.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic

Yes, fortunately, but it’s still a gut wrenching experience. We spent most of our lives living in South London without issues and within twelve hours of retiring to a sleepy little village we had a break in. It took the shine off for a few weeks.

Emanresu

It’s understandable. Family has had two bikes stolen in last few years. One was under a CCTV camera but never followed up as it’s expected that you have insurance. Also whichever local took it knew they had a high chance of success.

From a philosophical perspective it’s either insure or have a bike not worth stealing. Shame really.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Bump before it goes on eBay. Sensible offers considered.

Gwylan

Veteran
Sorry to hear that.

Makes me wonder what happens to nicked bikes. Especially ebikes with technology and chargers etc

My E-Bike got nicked from a bike park point, outside a cafe in broad daylight.

Our insurance insists we have our bikes secured to a fixed point even at home. We have them locked to eye bolts epoxied into the walls of the garage.
Now my going out lock weighs nearly 10% of my bike.

Emanresu

Our insurance insists we have our bikes secured to a fixed point even at home

Just check that wording again. Mine specifies the grade of lock (diamond) so not just any fixed point lock. Slippery characters, insurance companies.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Just check that wording again. Mine specifies the grade of lock (diamond) so not just any fixed point lock. Slippery characters, insurance companies.

Praise where it’s due, my insurer MBNA was very efficient and straightforward to deal with. I have spent time and effort substantially upgrading my security for my own peace of mind but all they insist on is that the bike is behind a locked door at home or attached to an immovable object when out and about.

Top Bottom