[SOLD] - Tifosi Track Wheelset (White - Includes Tubes, Tyres etc) - Never been used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Tifosi Track Wheelset in white.

Just like the popular Navigator Pista Wheels, these Tifosi Track Wheels are rebranded Track Wheels from Novatec. They are 30mm medium deep profile alloy rims with stainless steel bladed spokes. Sealed cartridge bearings, lightweight large flange hubs are durable.

700c Alloy Clincher Wheelset
24h Bladed Spokes - front, 32h rear
Flip flop (fixed/free) hub
Machined braking surface on front and rear.
16t (I think) fixed sprocket and lockring included
Rim tape, Inner tubes and Vittoria Zaffiro Slick tyres included
6 x Spare spokes included

I have never used them, but they feel pretty damn strong compared to my Mavics so they will easily cope with road use if my Mavics do. The stickers can easily be removed easily if you dont like the branding.

Im looking for £150 posted (reasonable offers will considered) or if you are nearby you can collect them, with apropriate discount to price.

Paypal payment only, or cash if collecting.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
A few pics, peak anyone's interest? :biggrin:

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Jonathing

Über Member
So tempted by these to add some bling to my fixed commuter. I'm a little worried that they won't stand up to the slightly more off road sections of my commute (think tow paths and such). Although billed as track wheels do you think they will be tough enough for some rough road use?

colinr

I ride my track wheels on all sorts of crappy surfaces with little consideration for their wellbeing. Dirt paths, shoddy paved streets and one time down a few steps (didn't see them!). Plus curb jumping of course.

Properly assembled wheels are tough beasts, Tifosi are a decent brand so can't see you having any troubles. If they weren't white I'd have probably had these, but they just won't go with my desired colour scheme.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
So tempted by these to add some bling to my fixed commuter. I'm a little worried that they won't stand up to the slightly more off road sections of my commute (think tow paths and such). Although billed as track wheels do you think they will be tough enough for some rough road use?

Trying not to be to much of a salesman :tongue:

They will easily withstand normal road use, canal towpaths and the occasional bumping a curb but if you mean jumping staircases, then forget it!

As far as being track specific is concerned, this only really refers to the hub in the real world (yet the hub is a flip flip fixed/free so can be run as single speed anyway, so not a pure track hub), the rims are 30mm deep section aluminium rims with a machined braking surface (i.e. exactly the same as the rims you would find on a pair of 30mm alu wheels dubbed as road wheels) and they are plenty stiff thanks to the large flanges on the hubs. They also have plenty spokes, 32 rear, 24 front.

They feel more solid than a pair of ~£300 mavics, seriously! If they werent white and I hadnt paid out for the Mavic's I would ride them without hesitation.

The branding can be removed, its just a sticker. If removed they will just look the same as Velocity Deep V, with a machined braking surface.

BTW the price I am selling at is trade price!

amaferanga

Veteran
Would you consider selling them separately - I'd only want the rear. If so how much for just the rear wheel? Don't need the tyre either.

2old2care

Über Member
Tifosi Track Wheelset in white.

Just like the popular Navigator Pista Wheels, these Tifosi Track Wheels are rebranded Track Wheels from Novatec. They are 30mm medium deep profile alloy rims with stainless steel bladed spokes. Sealed cartridge bearings, lightweight large flange hubs are durable.

700c Alloy Clincher Wheelset
24h Bladed Spokes - front, 32h rear
Flip flop (fixed/free) hub
Machined braking surface on front and rear.
16t (I think) fixed sprocket and lockring included
Rim tape, Inner tubes and Vittoria Zaffiro Slick tyres included
6 x Spare spokes included

I have never used them, but they feel pretty damn strong compared to my Mavics so they will easily cope with road use if my Mavics do. The stickers can easily be removed easily if you dont like the branding.

Im looking for £150 posted (reasonable offers will considered) or if you are nearby you can collect them, with apropriate discount to price.

Paypal payment only, or cash if collecting.
£125+post Deffo interested, just need to decide between building a bike or buying one! :biggrin: :biggrin:

ps what weight are they (I know a weight weenie) :rolleyes:

I'm looking at a Fuji track 2.0, but as it has a fixed/fixed rear hub that was a sticking point, not anymore. Just need to find out if I will fit a 52cm.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
musa, Yes, I still have the wheels.

Amafaranga - I would prefer to sell as a pair, as no-one will want to buy a front only wheel like this I doubt. I'll get back to you if things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom