Some old cars for sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
From Bentleys to Beetles: Monaco prince's car collection up for auction (and there's something for all tastes... and budgets)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...co-s-car-collection-auction-earth-prices.html

This fantastic array of classic, sporty, unusual and downright down-to-earth cars offers millionaires and the common man alike a 'unique opportunity' to own a piece of motoring history.

They are being auctioned off tomorrow by the Prince of Monaco, whose late father Rainer III spent years assembling one of the most famous collections in the world.

The vehicles range from immaculate examples of a 1953 Cadillac and a 1950s Bentley S1 through to a number of bargain basement models such as a Fiat 500....

Have they fallen on hard times? Seems a strange thing to do...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yes, he once married Grace Kelly and he died in 2005 aged 81. WE GET IT!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I did not know that.

What, you didn't know Prince Rainier III once married Grace Kelly and died in 2005 aged 81? Wow, I'm not alone then!

They mention either one or the other fact no less than 5 times

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
What age was Prince Rainier when he died?

Anyway, I've spotted a terrible omission in his collection. No Morris Marina:stop:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Porch 928. £312.000 ?

I don't think so...

I agree sounds absolutely obscene for one of those.

article-0-13C6B56A000005DC-385_634x422.jpg

I would much prefer this anyway if it went for as little as the £12,000 mentioned and save £300,000.

asterix

Comrade Member
IIRC you aren't allowed into Monaco in a car older than 3 years. These cars have probably past that cut-off.

I haven't read the article, of course.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
IIRC you aren't allowed into Monaco in a car older than 3 years. These cars have probably past that cut-off.

I haven't read the article, of course.

Really? Have to score Monaco of my list of places to visit as my car passed that point some time in the mid 1990s (and I'm too poor).

Top Bottom