Soreen World Record Attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew29

Soreen will be attempting to break a World Record and raise money for charity

The world record attempt is to be held at the Manchester Velodrome, for 24 hours, from 5pm on the 1st October.

Soreen and an army of local volunteers want to smash the existing world record for the most amount of electricity generated in a 24 hour period, by pedalling static bicycles. Electricity is to be measured in kilowatt hours.

Soreen aim to produce over 18,000 kilowatt hours and for each kilowatt hour of electricity produced, Soreen will donate 50p to cancer charity; The Christie.

Soreen need as much help from the public as possible – the greater the pedal power the more pennies they produce for a great cause!

Volunteers are signing up for as many 30 minute cycling slots as they can manage, via the online registration form, which can be found at www.soreen.com/squidgyenergy

All participants will receive a goody bag and if the attempt is successful, record breakers will receive an official Guinness World Record certificate. The top three cyclists who generate the most amount of electricity will also win donated prizes which include a top-of-the-range bicycle worth £500. All record breakers will also be entered into a free prize draw to win a holiday for four people.

Children’s face painting and entertainment will be provided throughout the duration of the event, aswell as lots of free Soreen products to keep you energised.

Who's up for it? I can't wait to get pedalling!

Eddie

Well it's always good to see a company doing something to raise money for charity, although I am not sure the following statement will fly on here:

"top-of-the-range bicycle worth £500"

Beardie

I saw the post title and the mischievous side of me thought it might be something to do with eating only Soreen whilst cycling. How far can you pedal having eaten your recommended calorie intake in Malt Loaves? Or something... Actually, this seemed really funny until I started typing it in, and now somehow it isn't really, especially if you work for Soreen. Can anyone do better?

Leah

This sounds fantastic. Shame i'll be at the Nurburgring or i'd take a drive over to join in :smile:

Top Bottom