Sorrento bike hire Co.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Nothing gained by me for plugging this company but just feel I have to give some recognition for great service received....

https://www.sorrentobike.com/en/cannondale-caad-8

Just back from a weeks family holiday and I planned in advance to hire a bike for a days ride into the nearby hills. These guys replied to my enquiries quickly and accurately and fixed me up with the above Caad-8 for the Bank Holiday Monday.

They contacted me a few days before to explain that the shop was going to be shut that day, but no problem, if I told them what times I wanted to collect and return the bike they would open up to service my booking. :okay:

They were as good as their word and provided me with a bike in excellent condition and working perfectly. The bike came with a mini repair kit of tools/tube and CO2 inflator and they even quickly fitted a second bottle cage when I produced two bottles from my bag.

If you are in the area and looking for a hire bike I suggest they are well worth contacting and if my experience is typical then you won't be disappointed. Within easy walking distance of Sorrento centre and close to the train station too.

Here I am near the top of Monte Faito at The Santuario de San Michele Arcangelo after climbing continuously for 4000ft to get there.

IMG_20220418_114236438.jpg

1650664807667.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sounds great!

How much did it cost for the day? And how much would it have been for a week?

(My days spent cycling abroad may well be over, but if I change my mind I would definitely hire a bike rather than taking one with me.)

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Can't imagine flying with a bike, the worry of damage would be too much!

I actually had hire bikes the day before for a guided tour trip up Vesuvius. It was eMTBs but I requested a non-ebike as I felt it would detract from the ride for me but would be great for my wife and son.
I was disappointed with the bike that operator provided. Son's bike had gears that dropped off the cassette at both ends so he had to limit the gears he used and my bike was substituted for a carbon road bike with Ultegra. Nothing wrong there you might think except it was pretty beaten up, creaked & groaned all the way and also had 39/52 chainset with 14-25 cassette!!! Not the gearing you would ideally choose for riding up the side of a volcano? I know hire bikes can have a hard life, but all three bikes could have benefitted from a good service, which is why I am so happy to recommend SorrentoBikes as they turned out such a good bike. :becool:

D

Deleted member 1258

Nothing gained by me for plugging this company but just feel I have to give some recognition for great service received....

Just back from a weeks family holiday and I planned in advance to hire a bike for a days ride into the nearby hills. These guys replied to my enquiries quickly and accurately and fixed me up with the above Caad-8 for the Bank Holiday Monday.

They contacted me a few days before to explain that the shop was going to be shut that day, but no problem, if I told them what times I wanted to collect and return the bike they would open up to service my booking. :okay:

They were as good as their word and provided me with a bike in excellent condition and working perfectly. The bike came with a mini repair kit of tools/tube and CO2 inflator and they even quickly fitted a second bottle cage when I produced two bottles from my bag.

If you are in the area and looking for a hire bike I suggest they are well worth contacting and if my experience is typical then you won't be disappointed. Within easy walking distance of Sorrento centre and close to the train station too.

Here I am near the top of Monte Faito at The Santuario de San Michele Arcangelo after climbing continuously for 4000ft to get there.

View attachment 641328

View attachment 641327

That sounds good, well done to them, a lovely part of the world, one of the few places we've visited where we'd like to go back, a mate of mine rode the Amalfi coast a few years ago, something I'd like to do but I'm unlikely to get the chance, we did it using the local buses when we were there.

Last edited by a moderator:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

View attachment 641328

View attachment 641327

The correct bike in the correct colour

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The correct bike in the correct colour

I wore matching socks especially. I was in Italy so had to think about the style.... :becool:
IMG_20220423_101428187.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've flown once with the bike, to Lanzarote. Despie pre booking them etc etc, what a nightmare on the Spanish side. They 'lost' the bikes for a couple of hours, meaning we missed our coach to the resort, then coach driver wasn't happy taking them as they might damage suitcases - how a 9kg bike in a big padded bag could cause that, then our rep told us we may have to get a taxi back to the airport if the coach driver didn't want to take them. This despite Club La Santa is a massive cycling destination, and there was an International Triathlon on at the time so they should be used to bikes.

I'll certainly consider a hire bike next time.

I've flown once with the bike, to Lanzarote. Despie pre booking them etc etc, what a nightmare on the Spanish side. They 'lost' the bikes for a couple of hours, meaning we missed our coach to the resort, then coach driver wasn't happy taking them as they might damage suitcases - how a 9kg bike in a big padded bag could cause that, then our rep told us we may have to get a taxi back to the airport if the coach driver didn't want to take them. This despite Club La Santa is a massive cycling destination, and there was an International Triathlon on at the time so they should be used to bikes.

I'll certainly consider a hire bike next time.

The coach drivers brother likely owns a bike hire business :-)

Top Bottom