Sorry Big Man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Well, this morning and for the first time ever, I wheel-sucked. All the way along the A8 from Newbridge to Forrester High. At first I struggled to keep up but once I got my breathing right, it was quality. However, I didn't realise that the bloke I followed was God himself...

For when I came home tonight, he threw everything he had at me from the sky! Hail stones especially, wind, rain, heavy rain, then swimming pools of water.

It wont happen again!:rofl:

Anyone else get caught in that tonight?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Both in and out, and it was works first regular bike to work day - wetter then the Bike to Work day in June..... 30 miles in the rain in total....ah well.....

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
+1

Manchester weather was godawful today. Couldn't do the bike to work with Fossy either because of a flap at work (fixed today, annoyingly).

jassy-x

.....was fine here this morning, and for most of the day...and as I sat this afternoon planning a route home which would best suit the remaining daylight hours the skies gradually started to turn black...by the time I left work it was belting down....so the direct route was favoured !!!!!!

fossyant

PS my new Aldi waterproof pants legs are great...the old ones were fine but in Large they buried me and didn't fit well - the medium are great this time.....

With waiting about (cycle to work) I was out in the rain for about 2 hours this morning... everything dry by the return for home, but only had to dig all wet stuff out as the blooming rain stuff returned just as I was wheeling bike out of the shelter...

Good result - got two 'occasional' commuters riding, one who didn't know the short 'long cut' behind Rusholme - but discussed the routes, and we decided to do the 'nip' through...... the other did the Fallowfield / Oxford Road ride in usually....brave soul !

fossyant

Never listen to what anyone says. Stay warm, ride slower, and you'll be fine - the only thing that gives me the 'willies' is ICE....I've had some really nasty falls on it (my current MTB as well - so it's survived - but 12 years ago)....

Wet nights, then clear skys....careful...!!!

Rain - personal preferance for waterproofs.... not good in warm weather as it's cook in the bag - winter not too bad, but pace down...

For me it's keeping the shoes as dry as possible.......

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
The sky was black when I left Edinburgh Park just after 4pm last night, and it did start raining by the time I got to Telford Road. Felt quite heavy, but it stopped by the time I got to the bottom of Ferry Road, and my shoes were still pretty dry so it was obviously not that bad.

The wind fairly picked up when the rain started though !

I was expecting a lot worse weather than we got, I'm glad I was dissapointed :blush:.

BTW its really nice this morning crisp, clear and bright but then again so was yesterday morning :biggrin:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

ha ha persisting it down, I like it.

No this was not rain. It was hail stones. Very localised - I had time to don my waterproofs, overshoes and pull my bag cover over (oo-er) before I cycled into it at South Queensferry, but I had to pull over because a) I couldn't see a thing and B) my legs were stinging from the hailstones! Pathetic I know!

Back out this morning and you're right HlaB, the calm after the storm.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
My hail ride earlier this year:

hail_small.jpg

Top Bottom