Sorry but another what bike question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i am currently riding a hybrid releigh urban 2 and was thinking of getting new road bike in the next few months properly after the worst of winter so feb'ish.

i have been looking around and my budget will be upto £1400.

i have been to some bike shops and i have found that the releigh airlite 51cm is the ideal size (local shops only stock releigh).

Verenti Rhigos 03 (but these only come size (49cm and 52cm, so would i be the 52cm since it is closest size)

also i would like a dark coloured bike, as i dont like white bikes.

open to other suggestions.

Thanks

p.s i have decided to get road bike, as i like the idea of more than 1 hand position, and i do 85% of my riding on roads and 15% on cycle paths, nothing offroad.

p.p.s this will be my first road bike

surfdude

Veteran
look on winstanleys web site as this de rosa avant 2007 is was £2599 now only £1399 .i dont know alot about road bikes but this looksa a good deal if its still going it looks as if it might be your size as well .
prod_thu_31670.jpg

e-rider

crappy member
for £1400 you have loads of choice so the first thing to do is stop looking at Raleigh bikes - they are not very good IMO.

Sizing varies from model to model, brand to brand so it's impossible to answer such Qs on this forum - you need to try out the bikes first or look in great detail at the geometry charts.

Many road bikes in this price range have 'racing' geometry - ie. head down, arse up, stretched out - is that what you want? It'll be very different to riding a hydrid and a lot more uncomfortable to start with unless you are really fit, and have good core strength; you could/will suffer from a stiff neck, lower back pain etc etc.

Specialized (Allez, Secteur & Roubaix) make more 'upright' road bikes if needs be.

The De Rosa mentioned above is certainly the best deal I've seen for years, if that's the sort of bike you want. And only available in your size - which is incredibly small - how tall are you? 5'4"?

e-rider

crappy member
this is my short list so far.

Verenti Rhigos.03

Specialized Allez 2010

Cannondale CAAD9

Specialized Tarmac

Verenti Millook

I would prefer more upright position, easy and comfortable to ride.

I am 5'5 and inside leg 73.5cm.

i have got time to add or narrow down the choices, also depends on the next years model of these.

The CAAD9 hasn't got 'comfortable' geometry, although it is probably less of an issue with such a small frame size so perhaps something that you shouldn't worry about too much.

Top Bottom