Southern Sportive - 9/9/12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
LosingFocus

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Urgh, its 9/9/12 not 9/10/12. Can a mod edit please?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Changed date for you.

What do you mean your not sure your cycling is good enough?
It has 3 choices of distance.
It's not a race against others, only against yourself. And the time limits seem quite good. I doubt if you will be last one home. And it does have a broom wagon.

OP
OP
LosingFocus

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Thanks Ian.

What I mean is, what are the people who enter this kind of thing like? All whippet thin and going at it like wildmen; or fat, sweaty dudes crying as they reach the crest of the hill? I dont fancy turning up and, basically, being "shown up". Those time limits look kinds tight when you include breaks. Maybe I'll put it off for another year and work on getting my distances and speed up.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Basically you get all types but they all have more money than sense imho. Why pay £27 to go on a bike ride? Just ride your bike. If you want to give money to charity afterwards then do so. Sorry but I'm a bit anti-sportive!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks Ian.

What I mean is, what are the people who enter this kind of thing like? All whippet thin and going at it like wildmen; or fat, sweaty dudes crying as they reach the crest of the hill? I dont fancy turning up and, basically, being "shown up". Those time limits look kinds tight when you include breaks. Maybe I'll put it off for another year and work on getting my distances and speed up.

You get all types.
All the gear and no idea
All the gear and all the idea
No gear and no idea
No gear and all the idea
Road bikes, flat bars, hybrids, mtb's etc

You won't get shown up as it's not a race.
You ride at your own comfortable speed and you will usually find people who ride at the same speed.

Hi, I'm one of the organisers of that event.

Ian has it about right. You don't need to worry about the time targets or the standard of other riders. We get a wide variety of different riders at our events, and we always place the emphasis on you enjoying the event within your own pace and objectives. The time bands are just there as an optional target and performance indicator if that's what you're interested in. We're not cliquey about our events - it's all about you having a good day.

Top Bottom