Spa Cycles Aire Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
Got my spacycles aire saddle last week and fitted it over the weekend and felt the need to comment on it.

This is a very nice leather saddle, the leather is thick and hard and sounds like wood when you knock it. The underside is covered with a fabric to prevent water damage I presume and it feels like a quality saddle.

In use over 12 miles I needed to adjust the angle slightly as I kept slipping forward and felt a little too much pressure on the nose.
After tilting it up slightly I felt very comfortable and the saddle seemed to disappear.

While saddles are very subjective if you are thinking of getting a leather saddle I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the quality of the Spa saddle and it appears very well made with neat riveting and nice quality leather.

Worth a try for £45 and way more comfortable then the one that came with the bike.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Cheers for that. Was thinking of ordering the wharf (its a little wider & might just suit my not so small rear better) saddle & now you've convinced me :thumbsup:

montage

God Almighty
Got my spacycles aire saddle last week and fitted it over the weekend and felt the need to comment on it.

This is a very nice leather saddle, the leather is thick and hard and sounds like wood when you knock it. The underside is covered with a fabric to prevent water damage I presume and it feels like a quality saddle.

In use over 12 miles I needed to adjust the angle slightly as I kept slipping forward and felt a little too much pressure on the nose.
After tilting it up slightly I felt very comfortable and the saddle seemed to disappear.

While saddles are very subjective if you are thinking of getting a leather saddle I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the quality of the Spa saddle and it appears very well made with neat riveting and nice quality leather.

Worth a try for £45 and way more comfortable then the one that came with the bike.

Any updates 2 years on?

stumpy66

Veteran
I bought one earlier this year and love it, only prob is I can't get comfy on the spoons on my other bikes now. I have a brooks b17 and it took a while to break in, while the spa saddle I found great straight away.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My Spa saddle has just died this week :sad: Well it might not be dead, but not sure if it can be fixed. Over the last few months it's been starting to sag a little, so I've had to adjust the tension bolt, maybe I overdid it :blush: I tried just a 1/4 turn, but that had minimal effect, so I reckon over the last few months it's probably had 3 or 4 full turns & last week whilst commuting the bolt snapped.
I'll have to call Spa tomorrow & see if they do replacement bolts. It's probably covered about 4k miles so far, I'd would have expected more from a leather saddle, but maybe my weight is a factor too? I'm currently 16st but have been as heavy as 19st :blush:
Need a replacement saddle whilst I sort this, so thinking of a cheap San Marco Ponza, as I have one on my new Planet X bike & that isn't too bad. Did a ton yesterday & wasn't uncomfortable until last 10 miles or so? Would I buy another Spa saddle? probably not, would I buy another Brooks saddle? Not sure it's a lot of money to splash out & then find it's not for me :wacko:

edit - Just phoned Spa & a new bolt is on its way to me, £6 inc post, but cheaper than a new saddle!

Last edited:

benhayes21

I bought a Spa Aire about two years ago and it's been great - but I also had a snapped bolt about a year ago which Spa quickly replaced.

This morning (1 year on again) the replacement snapped!

I commute on the saddle about 16 miles a day, 5 days a week and do the (increasingly) occasional longer ride every few months - so also about 4,000 miles per year. And I weigh about 12 stone.

Top Bottom