Spa Cycles Harrogate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

top-tube

Über Member
Used them for first time this week. Emailed them with a query on a product on Sunday evening. Responded promptly on Monday. Placed an order with them on Monday night. Goods delivered Wednesday morning.

I get the feeling that in addition to prompt and efficient service, I am dealing with guys who care about their customers, and know what they are talking about.

In short, Brilliant.

JWitty

Warning - Spa Cycles

I have just bought a Dawes Galaxy Ultra TI from Spa Cycles in Harrogate. I went to the shop with my 6 year old daughter and was sold a 57cm sized frame. I noticed when I returned home that in the plastic bag the cleats were missing. I returned to the shop to change the bike as it was the wrong size and to collect the missing cleats - good service so far until...... A guy called Andrew in the shop stated the Cleats were there and I was accused of lying. The owner, , was extremely rude and just turned round to state "Your not having em" and fuming. I insisted I want what I paid for and that they were not in the plastic bag. I did not want to argue in the shop, so pursuing through Email. No luck, he refuses to supply them. I told him to check his stock to prove I had not received but no come back on this suggestion.

I went to this shop, because I knew his father as a child - Alan, whom I had great respect for, and realised he had good touring supply.

I am now proceeding this with my solicitor. I would just like to warn others about the rudeness in the shop and to be extremely careful that you get what you pay for, Check the plastic bag before you leave. Many other issues but I won't go into those. No doubt many have good service but there is a major problem there, that needs resolving. What I do not understand, is why he just does not supply and trust his customer. He has lost my substantial future business, friends and colleagues. There is no need for it. Costs more in lost business than believing me. Very foolish and sad really. Just to add I have been a member of CTC and YHA for 46 years.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've dealt with them through their website on several occasions. Had one item delivered wrong recently, one phone call and they replaced promptly and offered a free PRK for my inconvenience.

andyfromotley

I have just bought a Dawes Galaxy Ultra TI from Spa Cycles in Harrogate. I went to the shop with my 6 year old daughter and was sold a 57cm sized frame. I noticed when I returned home that in the plastic bag the cleats were missing. I returned to the shop to change the bike as it was the wrong size and to collect the missing cleats - good service so far until...... A guy called Andrew in the shop stated the Cleats were there and I was accused of lying. The owner, , was extremely rude and just turned round to state "Your not having em" and fuming. I insisted I want what I paid for and that they were not in the plastic bag. I did not want to argue in the shop, so pursuing through Email. No luck, he refuses to supply them. I told him to check his stock to prove I had not received but no come back on this suggestion.

I went to this shop, because I knew his father as a child - Alan, whom I had great respect for, and realised he had good touring supply.

I am now proceeding this with my solicitor. I would just like to warn others about the rudeness in the shop and to be extremely careful that you get what you pay for, Check the plastic bag before you leave. Many other issues but I won't go into those. No doubt many have good service but there is a major problem there, that needs resolving. What I do not understand, is why he just does not supply and trust his customer. He has lost my substantial future business, friends and colleagues. There is no need for it. Costs more in lost business than believing me. Very foolish and sad really. Just to add I have been a member of CTC and YHA for 46 years.

Hi J,
Whilst not doubting your experience, i find it a bit of a shame that your one and only post on this forum is to flame a shop. I would certainly place more weight on your experience if you were had spent time contributing to this forum. Hopefully you will in the future.

andy

I bought my Audax from them and a few days later, before I rode it, I noticed a big gouge on the rear rim. Rang spa and they sent me a new wheel no questions asked.

Top Bottom