Spam Text!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looks like some spammer has got my mobile number, I had a text a fortnight or more ago & just had an identical one to day. To sum it up: They've been trying to contact me wrt my accident (touch wood I've not had an accident this year), from which they've manage to calculate what I'm due and they want me to CONFIRM and they'll call me back.
I hope its costing them :angry:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Have a read of this -> CLICK ME there are also numbers for service providers so you can forward the spam texts to them to report them.

loadz

Don't reply!! Not even with STOP. If you do,they then know they have a "live" telephone number and they can then sell that on. The messages are just sent out to random numbers to hopefully get a response from some!!

Bman

Guru
Don't reply!! Not even with STOP. If you do,they then know they have a "live" telephone number and they can then sell that on. The messages are just sent out to random numbers to hopefully get a response from some!!

Or, they could just request a delivery report. So when the text is delivered, they get confirmation prooving the number is live.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have had loads over the past year, I just ignore and delete. They are reducing but I now have the report number, from the link above, to use if they continue.

byegad

Legendary Member
I get the odd one as does my wife, usually a second or so after me, her number is one more than mine. Ignore them, any response will encourage more.

I also get calls re 'my accident'. I deal with them by asking:-'Is that the one where I ran a police car off the road, or when I ploughed into a bus queue.'
Special prize for the numpty who replied:- 'Yes!'

on the road

Über Member
I use to get them, I reckon the firm that I bought my phone off sold my number to these spammers, but since I've changed my sim I've not had any more problems.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I forward them to 7726 ( spells spam ), it depends which network you're on:

Orange, O2 and T-Mobile: Forward the SMS to 7726
Vodafone: Forward the SMS to 87726
Three: Forward the SMS to 37726

GC

Top Bottom