Spanners for V8 Pedals

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

What do people use to adjust their V8 pedals, I noticed my right pedal today had a lot of slop in it today, it's lost the rubber bung I suspect due to the movement. You sort of need 2x box spanners one which fits inside the other.

Ajax Bay

Guru

Incidentally, respect to DMR for making pedals which are rebuildable.

I've had them for years - never actually needed to rebuild one though because of those grease ports.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Incidentally, respect to DMR for making pedals which are rebuildable.

I've had them for years - never actually needed to rebuild one though because of those grease ports.
Yes, my only reservation on that is they could make the hole bigger so you could remove the grub screw & fit a better fitting to get grease in.

I don't have a picture, but instead of a grease gun, I scrounged a load of syringes (I used to be friends with someone who was working at a hospital and they get thrown out if the packaging is opened even if they aren't used!).

Very controllable and a smaller tip. The seals go, but that just makes them messier with grease.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

This might give you some ideas.

View: https://youtu.be/vxrV5vxWaEc

Thank you exactly what I need
I feel your pain, and that's what i did a few years back, but thanks to @Paulus video, i now know there's a specific tool available and it's under a tenner, so I'll be getting one of those :smile:
Me too,

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Pedals serviced tonight so easy with the correct tools, but I'm missing one of the grub screws & one of the plastic ends, although I think some of the ballbearings have seen better days.

Top Bottom