SPD pedal and turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
At £50 ish I'd be looking at Shimano Ultegra pedals - proven design and now longer lasting.

Can't help you with the turbo - I never bought one as I get the feeling I'd get bored with it pretty quickly.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It depends what you want from the pedal? do you want to be able to use normal shoes as well? do you want to be able to walk in your cycling shoe?
OR
do you want a better contact area? bigger stiffer cleat? and a sweat noise when you clip in?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I've got one of those Turbo's!

I'm very impressed with it actually, you can get all sorts of bikes on it, even one with a 24" wheel and I much prefer the system of it running on the rim so that you don't end up wrecking your tyres.
Mines an old one, I've had it nearly two Years and it was old and 2nd hand when I bought it ,but it's still going strong.
It's a bit noisy but no big deal.

OP
OP
karen.488walker

karen.488walker

gaz said:
It depends what you want from the pedal? do you want to be able to use normal shoes as well? do you want to be able to walk in your cycling shoe?
OR
do you want a better contact area? bigger stiffer cleat? and a sweat noise when you clip in?

b

OP
OP
karen.488walker

karen.488walker

Soltydog said:
I bought Ultegra pedals last year from Parkers now £54.95 without cleats :wacko:

Good price. Ordered, thanks SD :smile:

Now for the shoes..... but want to go into a shop and try them on.
I looove shopping for geeky stuff!

If you ordered without cleats, don't forget you'll need to buy some! They don't come with shoes, you usally get them with the pedals.

For shimano ultegra pedals you get the choice of Yellow (with a few degrees movement/float in) or Red (with no movement). Typical prices range from £12-16. I recommend yellow if you havent used them before. Easier to get used to and more gentle on the knees.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28895

Have i missed the Wilier pics yet?

OP
OP
karen.488walker

karen.488walker

Tollers said:
If you ordered without cleats, don't forget you'll need to buy some! They don't come with shoes, you usally get them with the pedals.

For shimano ultegra pedals you get the choice of Yellow (with a few degrees movement/float in) or Red (with no movement). Typical prices range from £12-16. I recommend yellow if you havent used them before. Easier to get used to and more gentle on the knees.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28895

Have i missed the Wilier pics yet?

Yep already ordered. no pics yet. will do. soon!

Top Bottom