SPD shoe recomendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone,

my brother has asked me to post this:

does anyone have any recommendations on SPD shoes specificly ones to take Time cleats which are a bit wider than Shimano ones and seem to have caused his current, albeit well used shoe's sole to split lengthways as the gap for them isn't quite wide enough to allow the twist needed when uncliping

he'd like ones that look like trainers preferably.

cheers

Cubist

Still wavin'
I have broad feet, and bought a pair of Specialized Tahos. £55 to £59 depending on where you buy them. They look very smart, have a trick footbed with Body Geometry and have a four hole cleat fixing plate which slides around nicely , more than enough to take both fixing screws from my Crank Bros Eggbeaters. So far they have proved to be very comfy, good rigid sole, and cleaned up beautifully after a really muddy ride on Tuesday

kyuss

Veteran
I just swapped from SPD to Time Atac recently and bought a pair of Diadora Ergo Carbon from Chain Reaction. Brilliant shoes so far, no problems clipping in or unclipping and properly comfortable. Carbon sole too which is a big improvement over the nylon one of my previous Shimano shoes. Not sure if they meet his needs for trainer like shoes though.

Top Bottom