spd shoes online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david1701

Hi guys,

I've been riding on Toe clips and after a while they squish my toes in normal shoes, and it seems pointless to get cycling shoes to put in them when I could go to spds which everyone raves about (and seem v sensible). I like the look of these Bontrager street shoes and would find some suitable pedals, but whenever I buy shoes I go to a shop and try them on, maybe the sizes around too to see if I like the fit. I reckon I'm gonna be a 43 but I'm not 1000% sure and its an awful lot of money to have them not fit, according to the Bontrager site there are only 3 proper shops and they're all in the godless north :s

I'm fairly particular about how they look as I ride to places and chuck jeans/trousers on over the top so the big chunky trainers aren't my style hence wanting this pair.

Oh and any spd (not spd-sl) pedal with cleats will be ok right?

Cheers,
David

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Buy a couple of pairs from Evans.
Return for refund the ones that don't fit.
Evans are very good for that.
Only thing is you pay for the postage back.. but worth it to get correct fit.

jay clock

Massive member
agreed, I bought two pairs from evans in a sale and sent one back. As a rule of thumb, I have NEVER met anyone who didn't need one size bigger when getting cycling shoes

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
agreed, I bought two pairs from evans in a sale and sent one back. As a rule of thumb, I have NEVER met anyone who didn't need one size bigger when getting cycling shoes

My normal shoe size is EU 45. I needed EU 47 for NorthWave MTB shoes, and they are still no longer than my normal EU 45s. Cycle shoe sizing is all over the place.

zexel

Veteran
My normal shoe size is EU 45. I needed EU 47 for NorthWave MTB shoes, and they are still no longer than my normal EU 45s. Cycle shoe sizing is all over the place.

+1 At least one size up if not two.

Top Bottom