Spec me a good, cheap bike cam please!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSV_Ecosse

Looking to grab a cheap and reasonably effective bike camera to record runs and commutes.

I use a www.bikecameras.com "bullet" type bikecam on my Aprilia RSV but it has to connect into my Canon camcorder which sits in my tankbag so canny use that.

Really looking for one of those nifty little numbers that record to a memory card. Needs to be as cheap as chips, image quality should be reasonable but at the price I'm thinking about it is not going to be world class anyway.

Thanks in advance for any links and advice. ;)

thomas

the tank engine
I use an ATK2000 which has to be one of the cheapest. Footage at night is useless, picks up headlights and street lights but that's about it. I've tried working out where I am on my commute from it but I never can. During the day however, for the price a very nice camera. Costs about £70-90. You can buy better versions, cost a bit more and I don't know how much better they are. Sound's not fantastic either (will only pick up wearers)

Check my youtube channel for footage - the original stuff is of a much higher quality and if you want some PM me an email address and I'll send you some (even that is probably slight compressed by window's movie maker).

It's not the smallest of things, but does meet the price requirements ;)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
RSV_Ecosse said:
Looking to grab a cheap and reasonably effective bike camera to record runs and commutes.

I use a www.bikecameras.com "bullet" type bikecam on my Aprilia RSV but it has to connect into my Canon camcorder which sits in my tankbag so canny use that.

Really looking for one of those nifty little numbers that record to a memory card. Needs to be as cheap as chips, image quality should be reasonable but at the price I'm thinking about it is not going to be world class anyway.

Thanks in advance for any links and advice. :hyper:

For the money the atc's by oregon scientific are good enough. They are not light or small however. If you want quality you need to spend a lot more. A few peeps now seem to like the VHoldR again (I think they sorted the glitches but at 300 quid it aint cheap)

Ofcourse if you're not helmet mounting the camera you could get away with a normal compact digital camera. You'd need to make sure the tripod socket is secure and preferably metal - use it in conjunction with a manfrotto super clamp 035 (about £24 from good camera shops with the adapter)

Cheap camcorders too, might work if they can be fitted. Depends on your ingenuity tbh.

Top Bottom