Specialised BG saddles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
These seem to be highly recommended so I thought I'd give one a go.

They vary a lot in price according to the style though. Is something like this Ok or do I need to buy a more expensive one to get the real benefits?

I'm just a club rider and commuter but am going to do my first Audax next month so the hunt for something comfotable is getting more pressing as time goes by ;)
 

byegad

Squire
Location
NE England
Be aware that apart from male and female sizes there is a wider male option in some styles. All my DFs have a BG on them as once tried I never wanted to be on anything else.
 

dodgy

Guest
Specialized BG kit is excellent. I have BG shoes (road and MTB), saddle, gloves (winter and summer) and various other bits and pieces. It's the stuff I rummage through my drawers (oo err) to find at the expense of the other stuff that falls immediately to hand.

The one you've linked to looks fine.

Dave.
 
I bought a BG avantar saddle which i didn't like and sold on. I later realised that the saddles come in different width fittings and so got measured at LBS and discovered i need the wider 155 saddle. i purchased the BG alais and since then it's done me fine.

I should add that i tried lots of cheaper saddles that look similar to the BG ones before i got to the alias - all were poor. I'd recommend raising your budget and going for an Avantar or a Alias
 
OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks peeps, much appreciated.:rolleyes:

TBH I was watching a couple on ebay. The first one, one of the cheaper ones, sold for a fiver less than the brand new price and the second aviator I was watching looked to be going the same way.

I did some googling and found an '06 Alias from rutland cycling for £24.99 with free delivery :biggrin::wacko: so I snapped one up.
They only have it in Black and size 155 but that should suit my fat arse powerful build anyway. If it doesn't I can always fleabay it
 

shooter560

Guru
Location
Norwich
I've only been riding since christmas 07, yesterday I did the Norwich BHF 100 ride, I've got the Specialized Toupe 143 saddle and today I have no pain or discomfort at all in the lower regions. A saddle with next to no padding, a little over 5 hours on it and pain free says a lot on design to me, well worth the cost.
 

discplayer

Guru
Location
Norwich
I got measured and bought an Avatar from the range about a month ago. I was still happy with it after doing the Norwich 100 mile ride on Sunday.

However, since I bought mine I have noticed that the rails on my girlfriend's are showing signs of rust after 14 months.
 
Top Bottom