specialized allez sport or bianchi via nirone 7 alu mirage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

100orbust

At the local bike shop i have narrowed down a purchase to a bianchi via nirone 7 mirage 2009 or a specialized Allez Sport 2009. Both are around the 700-800 mark one is compag kit the other shimano.

Has anyone ridden either bikes?

Any advice appreciated.
Kris

the_oaf

Oddly enough, I've owned both.

Currently have the Allez Sport 09 and I love it. Comfortable, solid and well built, but quite light too for alu, and the kit you get on it (Mavic CXP 22 hubs, Tiagra group) is ok. Not the best but solid and these days, yer pound doesn't go as far as it once did......
It is a nice ride though.

I had a Via Nirone 7 before this but it didn't last long. It was a touch on the small side for me I think and just didn't fit me very well. It may well fit others very well and folk on here seem to really like them. It didn't feel as 'solid' as the Allez, but felt quick. Sold it after 3 months or so.

I like spesh as a brand (not sure why) and would go for the Allez every time. Get a new seat though! The stock one is white and pretty basic.

iLB

Hello there
hey 100orbust welcome cc buddy,

i got the spesh allez sport 09 for christmas last year and so far i'm loving it. it really is very light and strong, although i am now considering a wheel upgrade for slightly more speed. if you buy the allez you won't regret it.

andy

OP
OP

100orbust

Cheers guys this is useful. i am slightly leaning towards the spesh at the moment. How have you found the mondo tyres? The shop have said they will swap if i want for the price difference on some spesh armadillos. Also the 30 mile trip in and out of work i am hoping to commute on have a good mixture of crap to half decent surfaces so i am considering 25 or 28mm tires but am unsure as most roadies use 23 any thoughts?
Kris

iLB

Hello there
i havent had any issues with the stock mondo tyres (200 miles and still fine- no P*@ctures) but i will be looking to upgrade to pro race 3's in the near future. i have stuck with 23's and just try to avoid the pot holes as best i can. do you mean 30 miles each way, or is that in total?

andy

the_oaf

Stock spesh mondo tyres?
Sorry, I found them to be appalling for general commuting use. I had 8 pu*c*ures in 4 weeks and I know people will say about road positioning, but...no. Very fast, good for club rides but basically like swiss cheese not good for London roads. I've never picked so many flints out of tyres.

I changed them for Conti 4000GP and have been fine ever since.

I have just changed my wheels after a crash - not much of an upgrade - to Mavic Aksium 09. They seem lighter, but I suspect them might be less robust than the CXP22's on spesh hubs. Certainly the spokes. We will see. Absolute hell to get the contis on the new rims!

Top Bottom