Specialized Crosstrail Expert 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bartosz

Hello everyone!
I got my previous bike stolen and due to money shortage I have to focus on getting a used bike. I found a good deal on Crosstrail Expert 2010. I want it for normal commuting as well as I want to take it for a cross country trip in Poland. One disadvantage of the bike is that the lockout feature in front fork doesn't work. And here is my question. Is it possible to fix it? I know that there might be many reasons why it doesn't work, but maybe there is this one which is popular. The fork is SR SunTour SF10-NRX-D-LO-700.

OP
OP
B

Bartosz

Up!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Hi :smile:

The lockout on my Suntour NEX 700 (forget exact model) forks is pretty poor too, I don't think you can do anything to fix it but I think they're also quite cheap forks if you were to replace them. If you turn the preload up really high on the other side of the fork it should hardly bounce about at all though. It would probably depend on how good the deal was and how much the lack of lockout would bother me.

Suntour also have technical documents which show you how the forks are assembled and completely put me off trying to adjust/modify mine.

OP
OP
B

Bartosz

Oh ok! Thats for the reply! I was thinking about getting the entry rock shox, they can be as cheap as 80-90 GBP and Ive heard that they are one of the best. What do you think?

Cyclist33

<body><p>suggestion. look for a rigid carbon mtb fork. ideal for light cross country use. wl take a kg or mors off the bike. can be had for a hunred pound sterling.

Top Bottom