specialized: secteur (basic) vs sirrus sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Im collect my Secteur on Tuesday.And i have got £100 to spend in store .

Giving that to the wife and kids .A couple of dirt bags and gloves and computer should wipe that out .

Then down to Spa Cycles for some pedals .

Norm

potsy said:
I get a great view of the saddle bag thru it though:biggrin: At least I know it's still there.
:blush: :laugh:

The offer still stands if you don't get it sorted, though.

I'm just off out to play with the mirror on the Tricross. I'm going to turn up the other way up, so that most of it is below rather than above the pivot point.

As the bracket is designed to go on either side of the bike, I think (hope!) that this should work and just give me the extra inch or so to see under the bag.

OP
OP
thanos

thanos

Its a good thing you guys mentioned bag size..
I was considering a topeak small, maybe i need to fit the mirror first (not as large as potsy's.. but still may be wide enough to cause issues).

I have a pic of potsy's bike saved for quick reference on accessories :smile:

i do like the look of the bike eye, so ill order that one before the bag(gy) (i cant believe some of the other mirror options out there)

potsy... awesome (that saddle does look comfy i must admit)!! I wonder if i could fit a change of clothes in there (the handle bar bag that is) :smile:

Norm

On the Secteur, thanos, I use the Large Wedge bag and I can barely see it in the Bike-Eye mirror. It's only on the Tricross that it's an issue.

I also have the same small wedge bag which you linked to and you cannot see that at all in the mirror on the Secteur or the Tricross.

It depends on the length of seat post you need showing. If you look at this image from the Bike-Eye site, you can see that there's a fair bit of room between the saddle and the mirror's sight-line.

On this side view, again from the Bike-Eye site, the mirror is below the height of the top tube.

And, finally, this image of my bike shows that the mirror looks beneath the Large Topeak bag on my bike.

Hope that helped. :laugh:

OP
OP
thanos

thanos

potsy said:
Hopefully my solution is this-
View attachment 6258

Schwalbe Durano+ tyres,Compact bar bag,raceblades,and bike-eye mirror.Commuted up and ready:biggrin:

Looks great potsy! I thought the bar bag would be unwieldy but it is looking quite compact and am sure the extra space will be of great use to you.

As usual thanks for sharing the list of accessories (ill save the pic and keep em in mind). I placed the bike eye on mine, and a small topeak aero in the back (too small for real commuting needs, but i do have a ruck sack on me most of the time). What kind of pump is that? Currently I have the one from the specialized offer (airtool), which is a bit long and without a gauge.

Norm

I think that potsy has a Topeak Mini Morph.

potsy

Rambler
Yes the mini morph,no gauge but not critical as I only use it occasionally(hopefully) track pump at home.
The bar bag looks great,I'm well pleased with it,will get it's 1st use on Tuesday on the commute.it also comes with a strap to convert to a bumbag if you want,a yellow rain cover and a cycle comp mount.
Tend to travel fairly light anyway,just need room for my lunch,and few bits and pieces like phone,keys,clean shirt etc.

Top Bottom