Specialized Shiv Elite A1 2012 Triathlon Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
specialized-shiv-elite-a1-2012-triathlon-bike.jpg

Have any of you TT guys had any experience or seen this bike in use and can give me some real world info on it

its going for a nice price at the moment and within my budget.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
What do you need to know...it's a entry level TT machine, reasonable spec, but with room to upgrade if required. Biggest upgrade would obviously be wheels.....

If it fits the bill and budget then N+1 away lad....

OP
OP
J

jowwy

What do you need to know...it's a entry level TT machine, reasonable spec, but with room to upgrade if required. Biggest upgrade would obviously be wheels.....

If it fits the bill and budget then N+1 away lad....
I got wheels covered just have to wait for c2w to open back up and checking out all viable options

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I built a TT based upon Planet X frame...worth a look if you fancy a self build:
Two bottles fitted as I was doing a long distance event. It now has a single aero bottle fitted.....
TT.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I built a TT based upon Planet X frame...worth a look if you fancy a self build:
Two bottles fitted as I was doing a long distance event. It now has a single aero bottle fitted.....
TT.jpg

The question is, unless you have tested the frame/bike to be quicker with the current bottle setup, why are you carrying it on the bike at all?

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
The question is, unless you have tested the frame/bike to be quicker with the current bottle setup, why are you carrying it on the bike at all?

Because the aero bottle has a minimal cage/fastener thingy meaning I can have the bottle for long TT's or not for short without it looking ugly. Like you say I'm not sure of any benefit, but hey does there really need to be a reason? The only reason I fitted two cages for this photo was I was doing 100 miles on it around the fens and needed the liquid.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Needs some deep section rims. :rolleyes:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Because the aero bottle has a minimal cage/fastener thingy meaning I can have the bottle for long TT's or not for short without it looking ugly. Like you say I'm not sure of any benefit, but hey does there really need to be a reason? The only reason I fitted two cages for this photo was I was doing 100 miles on it around the fens and needed the liquid.

What I mean is, for short TTs unless the bike is faster with the bottle, you should take it off completely as it could be increasing drag.

You could do some field testing if you have a power meter?

Attention to detail :smile:

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
What I mean is, for short TTs unless the bike is faster with the bottle, you should take it off completely as it could be increasing drag.

You could do some field testing if you have a power meter?

Attention to detail :smile:

The bottle holder is almost non existent when the bottle is not there so it really won't make that much of a difference say compared the the big lump sitting on the bike. I've got a new S-type P2M on order so should have power on this beast real soon....

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Just ordered the above bike as i couldnt wait til june and entered another 5TT's for this season.

It will be with me wednesday - which just happens to be my birthday :dance::dance::dance:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Nice one! Get yourself a Raltech cover for your Zipps, TT bikes look awful with normal wheels, makes me cringe when I see mine on non-race days with my training wheels in.

Top Bottom