Specialized Tricross 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aces_up1504

I dropped in to Quinns in Liverpool to get some advice, couple of recomendations but the Tricross 2012 reduced from £750 to £600 seems ideal and covers both road and cycle paths.

Does not seemed to be reviewed as much as others, but on paper looks ideal, but second opinion always welcome?

Only 1 left in the shop at the correct size, they are happy for me to but a deposit down and hold it to jan when they cycle to work voucher arrives.

Good bike or not?

lulubel

Über Member
I haven't ridden one myself, but I know there are a few very happy Tricross owners here.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Mine is a bit older, from 2009. I love it! Have now covered 7500 milers on it including a few trips to France fully loaded with 4 panniers, and The Way of the Roses coast to coast route. Very comfortable tourer, and it can also do some light off road stuff. Take off the rack and mudguards, then fit some skinny tires and it is not a bad road bike too! Not for the purists, but a great all-rounder. Here it is:
dsc00331gg.jpg

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Well looks I have made a good choice then. Put my deposit down.

My thinking was being new to the hobby something good at everything is good enough for a beginner.

Brandane

Legendary Member

My thinking was being new to the hobby something good at everything is good enough for a beginner.

Well done! A fine choice which I am sure you will not regret. I found that, having bought my Tricross new in November 2009, it encouraged me to do a lot more cycling than I previously did. 3 years later I still get a buzz every time I take it out for a ride.

DaveyM

Über Member

Good to hear :becool:
I love riding my Tricross and hope that you'll love yours just as much

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Cheers,

Just a query more than anything, why is the Tri Cross priced at £750 while the Allez @ £550 and the sectuer at £650

What makes the price jump up?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cheers,

Just a query more than anything, why is the Tri Cross priced at £750 while the Allez @ £550 and the sectuer at £650

What makes the price jump up?

Because the Tricross is a better bike :smile:. Not sure, but they probably can justify it by saying the Tricross has heavier duty wheels, tyres, brakes, etc.. Are the specs the same re shifters, derailleurs and cassettes? Plus the Tricross frame may be slightly stronger built and therefore contain more aluminium in the manufacturing process.

doog

I have a 2008 model. Not much left of the original, apart from the frame as it it wore out pretty quickly. Beware the 'lugs' if you want to put panniers on. They have a habit of become detached and spinning around in the frame. (There is no cure other than P Clips.) If touring, replace the stock rear wheel and drop the inner ring to a 26 if on a triple. The wheels just aren't up to a loaded tour.

Its a workhorse, jack of all trades...master of none.

Top Bottom