[SOLD] Specialized Tricross Sport, 2010, upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi,​
Due to a change of job I cant commute anymore :sad: So my tricross triple is up for sale. I did intend to keep this bike for going for rides with my brother along dis-used railway lines and other such trails, but with work and one thing or another we havent really been able to get together.​
This bike has been upgraded to make a great bike even better, mainly the brakes, the chainset (now tiagra from FSA), the wheels (Mountain bike toughness from Deore hubs and Mavic a319 rims) The ultimate rufty-tufty commuter during the week and explorer at the weekend? I think so!​
The specs can be found here...​
Its a 56 cm frame, Im about 5-10 and I would say Im as small as you would want, so guessing it would suit 5-10 to 6-3 ish. Please have a try to make sure as there are many factors that can effect bike fit.​
Bits I have changed or upgraded...​
The brakes. Now has Koolstop Tectonic pads. These really helped the braking and new sets of pads are about £10. The pads and holder cost £40 for front and rear. http://www.wiggle.co...f-brake-blocks/
The wheels. Although the original rims were OK, they never inspired confidence, and as I had dreams of doing long trail rides (that never happend!) I upgraded them to something a bit more capable. Now using Mavic A319 rims with Deore hubs and DT swiss spokes. This wheelset cost £120.​
The chainwheel and bottom bracket. The original FSA chainwheel had some flex in it and never inspired confidence so when the Tiagra chainwheel and bottom braket came up on specal (From parker international if memory serves) I jumped at the chance to upgrade. No flex now, and the bottom braket is the new hollwtech type. Also, the chain was changed at the same time, about 400 miles ago. It does have some surface rust but no stiff links.​
Mudguards. SKS chromplastic. Do the job well and look really good!​
As you can see it has about £240 worth of upgrades and extras that make a great bike into a really great bike with all the bits changed ready for a good few years worth or riding without the need to change anything. The bike has done about 400 miles. It has near new tyres (You can still see the centre mould line). They are the same as the originals, Specialized Borough Pro CX.​
It does have a few light scratches as to be expected on any bike that has been used for commuting but it is in no way tatty! It does not have pedals, but I will try to dig out the original ones that came with it.​
Im asking for £450 for it which I know is a little extra over other bikes you might see on ebay, but considering the extras that are included and the fact that it wont need to be upgraded I think is a fair price.​
Im not looking for offers, any less and its not worth selling and I will be happy to to keep it as a spare bike.​
Im based near Walsall, just a mile from the M6 junction 10. You are welcome to come and test before buying as long as you leave the asking price as security.​
Please ask any questions​

...And the photos. Click n the link, I cant get them to display on here.​
Bike
Fork
Rim
Tyre

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Thanks Paul.

Im going to open this up for SENSIBLE offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom