Specialized Tricross tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gog

Regular
Hi,
I have a 2010 specialized tricross with standard Alex Ace0-19 rims.
Recently fitted 700c 25 Specialized Armadillo all condition(non folding) tyres to it.
In the last week I have had 3 punctures, All of have been opposite side of the tube from the valve. Things is it looks like the tube has been rubbed away at the point and not something entered the tube.
Why is this are the tyres too small for the rims?? So the inner tube can rub against the tyre. Or something or something else.
What tyres would people suggest as the better tyre?? Most of my riding is done onroad.
Need to get this problem sorted soon as doing the Suffolk Sunrise 100 on may 8th.
Any help will be most helpfull.

Get in the habit of lining up the tyre markings with the valve hole in wheel. Then when the tube appears to be wearing opposite the valve stem, you will be able to check inside the tyre at that point for any intruders or other damage.

I colleague of mine has experienced loose threads in his Armadillo's, which caused a few punctures until he got the tyre swapped. Something to do with the coating coming away from the threads. Definitely worth checking for.

OP
OP
G

Gog

Regular
Just had a good look/feel on the inside of the tube and it seems like there are exposed wires which rub the tube.

Top Bottom