Speed bumps installed to slow Islington Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
....I despair!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090925/tuk-pavement-speed-bumps-slow-cyclists-6323e80.html

douglasroadsouth.jpg

(photograph pre-bumps)
all of a piece, really. Anybody who's seen these people swarm across the footpaths that are traversed by the 'cycle route' that runs to the south of the Angel will know that Islington cyclists don't give a monkeys about pedestrians.

I stopped at a zebra crossing in Islington not so long ago, and the waiting pedestrian clapped.

Attachments

• douglasroadsouth.jpg
    douglasroadsouth.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 43

CotterPin

I saw this report yesterday and thought of you, Dell! :thumbsup:

RRCC

Guru
I'd get some air off those.

Now you'll need a full sus downhill bike, like drivers need Range Rover Sports.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
a small boy was run over by a cyclist on the pavement in Essex Road today. The police are stopping cyclists and questioning them.

Danny

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:
Anybody who's seen these people swarm across the footpaths that are traversed by the 'cycle route' that runs to the south of the Angel will know that Islington cyclists don't give a monkeys about pedestrians.
I work near this very junction and can confirm everything dellzegg says about Islington cyclists*.

50% of them should be banned from the road for life and the remaining 50% sent on a road safety course.

* To be fair they could be cyclists travelling through Islington.

CotterPin

Danny said:
I work near this very junction and can confirm everything dellzegg says about Islington cyclists*.

50% of them should be banned from the road for life and the remaining 50% sent on a road safety course.

* To be fair they could be cyclists travelling through Islington.

I fink you'll find a lot of them are from the altogether more decadent Hackney on their way to the West End. We run a cyclist's breakfast there during Bike Week and most of the takers are from outside the borough.

Also, to be fair to the cyclists, the facility that currently exists there just is not designed for the numbers that use it both on foot and by bicycle so conflict is inevitable.

Having said that, it is currently being rebuilt which might improve things a bit.

SWMBO has reported being run off the road as she cycles south to north against the main flow of cyclists in Islington. We've installed a small bell, and I am teaching her how to sideways skid.

Top Bottom