Speed Discrepancies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'm using a Tacx Blue Matic (supported) and speed sensor only. My weight and height have been saved.
The only odd bit out is that I'm running a 35mm tyre and zwifts biggest is a 32mm.
Spinning my little legs out using a 46t front and 11t rear Zwift says I'm only doing about 20mph which is horse apples.
Can that be fixed?

screenman

Legendary Member
I'm using a Tacx Blue Matic (supported) and speed sensor only. My weight and height have been saved.
The only odd bit out is that I'm running a 35mm tyre and zwifts biggest is a 32mm.
Spinning my little legs out using a 46t front and 11t rear Zwift says I'm only doing about 20mph which is horse apples.
Can that be fixed?

I would say you are only doing 0 mph.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Does the speed sensor depend on a magnet attached to a spoke on the rear wheel? If so, I'd make sure that the gap between the magnet and the sensor is as small as possible and that they are perfectly aligned with each other. I reckon that some of the passes might not be registering?

On a non-smart trainer Zwift is only interested in approximating your wattage output through Z-Power. Is the trainer resistance set correctly? (I'm assuming Zwift supports the trainer itself). You could be spinning out on low resistance and only producing enough watts to shift your avatar at 20mph.

More info here:

https://support.zwift.com/en_us/zpower-setup-r1XjaXbxr

Last edited:
I'd check your tyre size in the setting on Zwift.
46/11 on a 20" wheel at 90 rpm is around 20 mph.

Luck .......... ^_^

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Zwift speed isn’t based on wheel speed. It’ll do a calculation that takes into account trainer profile and rolling resistance of turbo. This is what calibration is all about.

CXRAndy

Guru
Zwift speed isn’t based on wheel speed. It’ll do a calculation that takes into account trainer profile and rolling resistance of turbo. This is what calibration is all about.

Zwift uses power, weight to calculate speed. Ideally power meter should be used for Zwift

Top Bottom