Speeding Drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Road.cc have published the results of research in to speeding by drivers. Whilst you can do almost anything with dam lies and statistics it appears that speeding could be down to the ability to pay (those that can speed) but then again it could be the policing in more affluent areas is better/ car ownership (exposure) etc :wacko: My commisserations to anybody who commutes/ lives in Radlett, Hertfordshire though, where more than 1 in 4 drivers have a speeding conviction.

Road.cc have published the results of research in to speeding by drivers. Whilst you can do almost anything with dam lies and statistics it appears that speeding could be down to the ability to pay (those that can speed) but then again it could be the policing in more affluent areas is better/ car ownership (exposure) etc :wacko: My commisserations to anybody who commutes/ lives in Radlett, Hertfordshire though, where more than 1 in 4 drivers have a speeding conviction.

Interesting. I suspect some of the correlation will be related to high power car ownership. With a powerful, quiet car, it can be very easy to break speed limits whilst remaining comfortable and feeling safe. Do the same speeds in a bashed up old fiesta and you notice it more.

It will obviously be biased by enforcement of course, and there may be an element of, police taking pride in catching posh cars! :ohmy:

BSRU

A Human Being
As someone who lives in Swindon, since the covering up of the speed cameras, I have noticed there seem to be more drivers, driving at speeds considerably higher than the speed limit.
They have also covered up the red light camera's and suddenly I am seeing cars drive through red lights a considerable time after they have changed.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
As someone who lives in Swindon, since the covering up of the speed cameras, I have noticed there seem to be more drivers, driving at speeds considerably higher than the speed limit.
They have also covered up the red light camera's and suddenly I am seeing cars drive through red lights a considerable time after they have changed.
According to one of my lecturers, there isn't a single speed camera in the whole of East Lothian, aparently there need to be a 'safety partnership' before cameras can be installed and East Lothian hasn't got any (ironically when I googled 'Safety Partnership & Speed Cameras' Swindon comes up no.2 and
that its closing) On the subject of East Lothian that is where I have experienced some of the worst/ fastest driving and it draws Neds (Chavs) like flies to you know what; fortunately I'm only there on weekend when traffic is lighter.

Interesting. I suspect some of the correlation will be related to high power car ownership. With a powerful, quiet car, it can be very easy to break speed limits whilst remaining comfortable and feeling safe. Do the same speeds in a bashed up old fiesta and you notice it more.

It will obviously be biased by enforcement of course, and there may be an element of, police taking pride in catching posh cars! :ohmy:

My old wreck shakes and starts to feel very uncomfortable at anything over about 65mph (it’s fine under that)

Mrs TC has a newish Golf TDi – at 80mph it “feels” like my car doing 45… guess which one of us has points on the licence!!

Top Bottom