Spinning Classes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
I like em and do two classes a week at the moment. More in winter.

They are no substitute for the real thing, but a great workout and better than nothing in the winter. I'd rather do spin than use a turbo trainer.

At one point in my last 1hr class, the instructor had us out of the saddle using incrementing high gears for a continuous 6.5mins.
I'm sure spinning classes have helped me build up my hill climbing muscles.
thumbsup.png

I started spinning classes in February, as it was difficult to get out regularly due to weather and work/family commitments. I thoroughly enjoy the workouts amd would say they have definately helped boost power and endurance whilst out on the real thing. The classes have also helped with technique.

I have even started doing a similar workout on my turbo if I don't have time to get out on the bike.

As with anything, you get out what you put in but I would say that a decent instructor probably makes all the difference.

get along and enjoy

evilclive

I went for one a while ago. Seemed to spend a lot of time out of the saddle pushing up and down on the handlebars - is this normal? I gave up trying to follow that after a while and just rode the thing - instructor didn't seem to object to me blatently ignoring her requests :-)

Willo

I don't do the classes, but started using a spin bike in my gym about 18 months to 2 years back when recovering from a running injury. Have my own timed intervals and only do about 30 mins but I think it has helped my running stamina. Can be a bit boring obviously compared to being out on the road cycling, but it helped me keep fit last winter when I didn't fancy the 6am rides in the dark and ice.

Flyingfox

I used to do spin classes 2 or 3 times a week when I had my gym membership. I absolutely loved them and they definitely helped my with my strength on hill climbs when I was out on the road. I have now given up the gym as I cycle to work (which is a flat route) and go to kettlebell classes and the diffence on my ability to get up hills when I'm out on a ride is telling.

Top Bottom