spokes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supercooper

Question, Why do a couple of my spokes keep coming loose :?: :?: After about 50 or so miles on the road the same 3 spokes come loose and it is doing my head in .. I give up :surrender: Any suggestions :?: :?:

Shrim

I have also recently had this problem, same 3 spokes all the time on front wheel. Thing is that I am a bit wary about tightening them as I don't want to throw my wheel out of true so have just been tightening them just enough to stop the noise it makes. I have heard that a bit of thread lock should do the job but i'm going to visit my LBS and get them to sort it once and for all. Would be interested in further comments though.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had a similar problem , turned out the wheel was not set up correctly in the 1st place, i ended up loosening all the spokes and getting the LBS to ture it from the start, it has been fine since.

oldroadman

Veteran
I had a similar problem , turned out the wheel was not set up correctly in the 1st place, i ended up loosening all the spokes and getting the LBS to ture it from the start, it has been fine since.

Correct answer. If the same spokes keep loosening, the wheel is badly built.
If you bought them, return for a rebuild, if part of a bike you bought, it might be possible to get replacement, otherwise a rebuild by a proper wheelbuilder. It might cost a bit, but the problem should get sorted.

Top Bottom