Sports Direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fat B'stard

Regular
Since I've managed to get my Ciocc up and running i've been thinking about getting some basic road cycling clothing. I visited my local Sports direct; I cant believe how cheap theire sports clothing is.

I bought

2 x longsleeved tops
1 x Wind proof jacket
3 x Cycling leggings
1 x Fr / Rr Lights
1 x Water bottle
1 x Hydration bag cleaning system

Total amount £50 delivered
If i go to my local cycling centre ( a resevoir near Huntingdon ) they want around £100+ for a windproof!!!

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
You do get what you pay for and the stuff is not the same as you pay £100 for , but saying that i have a few things from there as well , the best thing i got were bib tights , not the thickest for cold days but do the job most days.
Also try http://www.startfitness.co.uk/prodtype.aspstrParents=4262&CAT_ID=4270&numRecordPosition=1

the Scott clothing on here is cheap and good quality

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sports direct stuff is ok for basic stuff, in fact i have had leggings that are exactly the same as aldi stuff for quality .
For me i make a trip to decathlon if i want anything as its very good value and i can try it on.

OP
OP
F

Fat B'stard

Regular
Just received my order. Excellent service. I placed the order online Sun AM and it was delivered 1.30 today. The cycling tights are muddyfox and for £7.39 per pair they are excellent value. They have an original price of £36.99. Just need the wind to slowdown a bit and i can get out on my steed for the first time in 3 weeks

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Never believe the RRP on Sports Direct stuff. It's usually made up so that they can put big 70% off signs on them.

I haven't bought any of their muddyfox branded stuff, but I have got some of the older karrimor branded versions, which were almost identical. I find the jerseys are fine, I didn't get on with the shape of the tights, but in general for cheap commuting stuff it's ok.

Another place to look at for decent cheap cycling gear is Tenn Outdoors

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just The cycling tights are muddyfox and for £7.39 per pair they are excellent value. They have an original price of £36.99.

Take any sports direct real price with a hefty pinch of salt. Your tights are worth £7.39 and are very good value at that price.

I buy base layers from sports direct and find them excelent value but I dont kid myself that their stuff is high quality.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
I had some muddyfox shorts from them. They would have been ok if they had managed to stich all the seams. I sent them back.
There was one good point. I could wink at people behind me without turning my head !

Top Bottom