Spring/Autumn gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone got any recommendations for spring/autumn cycling gloves? (i.e. lighter than winter gloves, but will keep off an early morning chill). I had a decent pairs (got from god knows where, some years ago), but they've come to the end of their useful life. Think I got them from Aldi. They were just the job, but as I said, not up to much further use.

I have a pair of Altura Micro Fleece which are nice and snug and grippy.

Not warm enough for more than a mile or so in the snowy weather, but certainly good enough for cool mornings and evenings without getting sweaty. (My FIL has a pair to use as winter driving gloves).

Wornout

Specialized Deflect. Think you can get them from cycle store with quite a discount. If its a bit chilly, some silk gloves underneath usually help and can be removed and stored with little issue.

They wash well too...

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
All good suggestions folks... many thanks
smile.gif

Garz

Squat Member
Specialized Deflect. Think you can get them from cycle store with quite a discount. If its a bit chilly, some silk gloves underneath usually help and can be removed and stored with little issue.

They wash well too...

I was almost going to buy them, great looking pair too!

Agree with getting some silk gloves to add another layer till it warms up more. I'm using some madison gloves with silk inner, very toasty warm for sub-zero or freezing conditions. When it warms up I will just wear the madison's till I can get away with going back to the fingerless mitts.. ooh dreaming of the warmer weather

zacklaws

Guru

They wash well too...

Totally agree with what you say, I got mine cheap from the LBS and have worn them throughout winter. What I like with them is the fact that you can still feel what you are touching with them on as your finger tips retain there sensitivity through the leather, so gear levers, buttons on computers etc can be felt without having to look. Today I was out wearing them and got a puncture, it was freezing cold and raining that I had to leave them on, but cause I could feel what I was doing it was not a problem fitting the tyre and innertube etc, my other gloves that I have I would have had to remove as they would not have been up to it, but with soft leather palms on the Deflects, they coped admirably and when I got home they washed up like new.

The only problem though was by the time I had finished fixing the puncture my hands were that cold, I could feel nothing, not even the bars till they warmed up again about 30 minutes later.

Top Bottom