Spring/Autumn softshell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cymro74

Definitely cheap kit in layers for me. Much easier to adjust the layers to how warmed up you are and ambient temperature.
At the moment I have base layer and slightly thicker cycling Jersey and neck buff most of the time. I add a thin altura packable jacket on top as temperature s drop.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
That’s the plan I had as well, my Endura base layers I got super cheap out of season, and a few seasons out of style, the Castelli softshell kinda the same, it was old stock that they wanted shifted.

I wanted the softshell able to fit in a jersey pocket as well, the weather is so changeable at the moment.

contadino

Veteran
Alpkit thicky long sleeve with a base layer keeps me good from about 5 to 10 degrees. Similarly Galibier Roubaix thermal top. Neither are windproof per se, but keep the worst of the cold out.

Endura Windchill with base layer if it's cooler. I picked one up dirt cheap from the outlet a few months back.

Believe it or not, aldi used to do some half decent ones. Altura do some good ones - I have a Varium but not sure it's available anymore, although they should have an alternative.
the Varium is truly excellent - I wear mine all the time over a great part of the year - waterproof as well. I was lucky enough to get one at a great price after a top tip on here. It's so great that it would seem madness to change the name even if slightly redesigned. If it has been replaced by something else I would be interested to know the new name.

Top Bottom