SSS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I don’t know when that was filmed, probably the late 90s but they make an interesting point about releasing their upcoming new album via the internet.
Quite cutting edge at the time.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I don’t know when that was filmed, probably the late 90s but they make an interesting point about releasing their upcoming new album via the internet.

Their stage appearance and instruments tell me they are fully aware of their own ridiculousness and are very much playing up to it.

Even if some of us don't get the joke musically, I think we have to accept they are decent good time live band.

a lot better than U2 and Robbie Williams for example, whom have made more money and are utter sh1te.

I must defend Robbie Williams.

He had the misfortune to follow Pink Floyd in one of those large charity gigs.

The Floyd had killed the atmosphere stone dead - goodness knows whoever thought prog rock was a good choice for such an occasion.

Williams knew exactly what was required, and set about energetically resuscitating the gig with Let Me Entertain You and a couple of his other hits.

A brilliant performance, especially as the spotlight was solely on him.

So while I wouldn't listen to his stuff in the house, he is one of the most exciting and engaging live performers currently gigging.

cutting edge as in slitting your wrists?
They were bloody awful

Their stage appearance and instruments tell me they are fully aware of their own ridiculousness and are very much playing up to it.

Even if some of us don't get the joke musically, I think we have to accept they are decent good time live band.

The Floyd had killed the atmosphere stone dead - goodness knows whoever thought prog rock was a good choice for such an occasion.

Williams knew exactly what was required, and set about energetically resuscitating the gig with Let Me Entertain You and a couple of his other hits.

So while I wouldn't listen to his stuff in the house, he is one of the most exciting and engaging live performers currently gigging.
wasn't the thing at the top of the mall outside the palace?
Don't remember the Floyd - but wouldn't anyway - but do remember Robbie - I also wouldn't listen to him in the house but he was damn good.

AndyRM

XOXO
Agree with that entirely. There are a lot bands/singers I don't like (Justin Bieber, The Pussycat Dolls, Britney Spears for example) but there's no deny thing they're very good at what they do.

My mates don't like the vast majority of what I'm into, in fact one description was "This sounds like wasps in a metal bin recorded on a Nokia 3310", which is entirely fair.

If you're feeling brave:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4emwuJojFc

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

Yes I totally get that. I went to see Bon Jovi in 1988 with my girlfriend at the time. I was not a fan, never have been. But they were the best band I've ever seen live. Probably when they were in their prime.

Your right about Sputnik, they just look like their hamming it up. I'm not sure that they ever took themselves seriously from the start.

Drago

Legendary Member
I thought the OP had been banned?
Say what?? Im always the last to hear the salacious gossip.

The management are pretty tolerant. Id have thought you'd have to do something pretty outrageous to get a ban.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
wasn't the thing at the top of the mall outside the palace?
Don't remember the Floyd - but wouldn't anyway - but do remember Robbie - I also wouldn't listen to him in the house but he was damn good.

Could have been in The Mall, although I've seen Williams do a decent job of several charity mega-gigs over the years.

I think the Floyd created a lot of pre-event excitement, so they did a good job there, but very little of their catalogue was ever going to go down well in that setting.

Could have been in The Mall, although I've seen Williams do a decent job of several charity mega-gigs over the years.

I think the Floyd created a lot of pre-event excitement, so they did a good job there, but very little of their catalogue was ever going to go down well in that setting.
after a bit of thought I think it may have been this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNl40iCABzs

seem to recall the Floyd did that - some damn happy women in that crowd - I doubt they were as excited by the Floyd.

They were shoot back then and I suspect just as bad now. Surprised they didn’t die a slow death.
I think a lot of these, er, questionable acts, given the push by brits of taste after their 3 seconds of fame, manage to do tours of foreign TV progs - as in the original clip. Such is Britain's reputation for musical cool.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I don't know if this is them or a cover band. It's like the original but with better lead guitar and a a different better singer. Not great sound quality, starts at about 1min 40 secs. It's thier best song just IMVHO. If you still think they are total sh1te thats fine. Just good fun decent pop music to me, I'll get my coat..

Top Bottom