Starting a build?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo

Clueless member
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a cheap (vintage if possible (peugeot?????) ) frame to start a single/fixed speed project. I'm after using the help guides etc on this forum for the build to help me from start to finish. I've done quite a bit of a research but just need to find a decent cheap frame to use and maybe some other recommended component and advice.

Thanks

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Ask @biggs682 he usually has a few vintage frames knocking around.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
hi @Turbo if you after a cheap pug frame get in touch with @Tony Raynor as he has a BIG one for sale at mo .

i have a couple of Italian Simoncini's framesets available at the mo and a selection of complete bikes but no Pugs at mo

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a cheap (vintage if possible (peugeot?????) ) frame to start a single/fixed speed project. I'm after using the help guides etc on this forum for the build to help me from start to finish. I've done quite a bit of a research but just need to find a decent cheap frame to use and maybe some other recommended component and advice.

Thanks

it may be worth letting people know what size etc. are you definitely looking for a Pug?

OP
OP
Turbo

Turbo

Clueless member
Not at all, anything vintage that's pretty strong and cheap with the horizontal drop outs. I'm a 56cm so anything for someone who's 5'11". Thanks

HOU5EY

I recon some of these are a bit pricy, but its worth a look.

http://www.hilarystone.com/frameset.html
Nice frames, over all a pricey build. My concern would be that if you built a bike with various different parts other than the originals would it have any value? I've recently built a hybrid and it is made of all the new bits that I built up and changed slowly but I doubt it's worth what I paid if I was to sell as a second hand bike

HOU5EY

My motive for wanting to build a bike is that I love the look of the pashley guvnor but I've got no hope of getting hold of one . I could however get a similar frame for under £100 , wheels £50, already have tyres, crankset £25, other bits £30 all from eBay... Undoubtedly nowhere near the same quality but for that price and the fun of the build it would do me to get to town and back . Plus the fun of tinkering and looking for parts is the buzz for me

Top Bottom