Starting again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cope

Not been cycling for years but have decided to get myself a bike to ride the 5 miles to the railway station, and then from Waterloo to the office in North London. My instinct is to go with fixed, as I used to ride fixed a while back, and liked it. I also sense I'd get more bike for my money.

My budget is initially small - £300.00 - so I'm looking to buy something 2nd hand, I expect.

One option I have is to take the old bike in the garage, strip it, spray it, and clean int, and stick new wheels, transmission, bars and brakes on it. The frame isn't anything special, but it'd get me going.

So - advice - with a budget of £300.00 - what's the best way to go?

OP
OP
C

Cope

Just to add to this - I would want the bike to have mudguards and a rear pannier rack - so some of the cheap new bikes don't seem to be appropriate. Any ideas?

steviesch

I believe it is getting tougher to get a bike on a train - especially at peak commuting times - you'd best check before you punt out any cash on a bike - you coud still cycle to your home station - but get yourself a decent lock or your bike will get nicked - happy new year!

Top Bottom