Static Caravans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Our van in now deemed too old and were being kicked off our site. Just turned 20 this year, but previously no-one has been kicked off. About 40 plus owners have been told to get lost.

Looks like we will struggle to move it, so this will get scrapped.

Money grabbing site owner. Still got to pay the barsteward £500 as a deposit for next year whilst we try and get rid/move on or just move out.

Bye bye North Wales, I won't be bothering to spend my money in your economy anymore. I'll spend it back in England :ohmy:
I was sorry to read this as I know you were happy there.
A story........
Our site owner had a buy new you get 15 years......2nd hand you get 10 years.
A "neighbour" had been on there for over 35 years. His static was 15 but beautifully maintained.
This particular season he got the site owner to put decking in (you wern't allowed to do it yourself). Couple of months later he was given notice to buy a new one or go.
The guy was 75......so he left:sad:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We're still looking for a new site - they aren't getting the money from us. I'll also be dismantling the rather large veranda, as they aren't having that either. :sad:

Jameshow

Veteran
We're still looking for a new site - they aren't getting the money from us. I'll also be dismantling the rather large veranda, as they aren't having that either. :sad:

Might have to look further inland.

When I was growing up in the 80' we went to a site in mid Wales nr Corris and the vans looked like they where just post war!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Might have to look further inland.

When I was growing up in the 80' we went to a site in mid Wales nr Corris and the vans looked like they where just post war!

We are looking inland, as most coastal sites seem to be owned by Lyons, and they are the biggest sharks in North Wales. Looking in-land in the hills, just off the A55.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We are looking inland, as most coastal sites seem to be owned by Lyons, and they are the biggest sharks in North Wales. Looking in-land in the hills, just off the A55.

My views on holiday homes are not favourable as I live in an area infested with them and there are I think 7 within a few hundred yards of my house.
I have considered getting a largish towing van and keeping it on a site rather than a static. Some maintenance would need to be done regularly on running gear etc. but that would not be too much of a chore.
Worth considering perhaps?

Top Bottom