Statin tablets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Hurrah....another bleedin' expert, that's just what we need ;-)

Passed the test then?
Yep. Did lousy on the essay questions, as I thought I had, but did better than expected on the short answer questions which made up for it. So that's exams done until next year, it's all projects, placements and portfolio for the immediate future.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No doubt "The Knights" have contributed to this thread already and no doubt they have been totally disrespectful to me. I wouldn't know for sure because I have chosen to place them on ignore. Maybe they haven't. I don't want to know. "Th Knights" are the collective name I have given to those members on here who take statins and who have faith in their GPs who prescribed them to be necessary to help prevent CVD. Taken from the Moody Blues Song "Knight in White Statins" (my little joke)

Where to start.

I used to take statins. Initially 20 mg a day and finally 80 mg a day after a heart attack. The side effects i experienced were extreme, and that was entirely due to me determination to once again be a competitive racing cyclist and training my guts out to get there. Exercise Intolerance is not something I was made aware of and it was only after a race where I was completely racked with pain in my thighs and total exhaustion that I began to investigate it thoroughly. That was 16 years ago.

I could write a book on the subject. Over the years I have received a lot of abuse on this and other forums. I'm used to it. All I can do is open the door to the possibility for you that these drugs are not only unnecessary but are in fact poison. There are various studies cited on both sides of the debate. You quote one study and another is quoted back at you. If you start with a hypothesis then it is simple and quick to find a study that backs up your point of view. The clue as to which is correct is to follow the money. Studies resourced by the pharmaceutical companies unsurprisingly show that statins work in reducing the risk of CVD. Independently run companies show some frightening results from their studies.

Statins work. They reduce cholesterol. But what if high cholesterol isn't a factor in CVD.

Check out Prof Sherif Sultan and Dr Aseem Malhotra. Neither of whom have anything to gain from telling you the truth about statins.

Me - Flush then down the toilet as soon as you can. Check out Bulldogs Birthday Workout on here. I'm 71 and feel great. None of those guys on statins will show you likewise. Especially "The knights" Come on guys put your money where your mouth is. If Statins are so good why do you feel like sh1t?

Exactly my feelings. I've seen two men of my age and older wrecked by statins; the younger of the two realised what was happening and threw his down the toilet. It took him six months to recover his former strength and vigour.

vickster

Legendary Member
Exactly my feelings. I've seen two men of my age and older wrecked by statins; the younger of the two realised what was happening and threw his down the toilet. It took him six months to recover his former strength and vigour.
Why didn’t he return them to pharmacy for proper disposal :headshake:

Top Bottom