Stem Torx Bolts - Size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
I hate Torx bolts! Over time the small and fiddly stem bolts (Zipp) are rounding and I want to replace with new ones before they let me down. Does anyone know what size bolts I need to buy, M5/M6 etc plus length? I assume they are pretty standard but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Looks like these:

image.png

S-Express

The easiest, most accurate (and most obvious) way would be to take one of the existing bolts out and measure it - is there any reason why you can't do that?

They will be either m5 or m6, probably around 15-18mm length. 10 seconds with a ruler will confirm which.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
The easiest, most accurate (and most obvious) way would be to take one of the existing bolts out and measure it - is there any reason why you can't do that?

They will be either m5 or m6, probably around 15-18mm length. 10 seconds with a ruler will confirm which.

Yes, I am just unsure whether the length is just the threaded shaft? I also don't have anything accurate enough to measure diameter to +/- 1mm. Just wondered if anyone had prior knowledge to help me get it right first time.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
If you can't get on with Torx, there's nothing to stop you replacing with allen head bolts of the same length.

Top Bottom