Stevie Ray Vaughan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
27th Aug 1990, Stevie Ray Vaughan was killed when the helicopter he was flying in, hit a man-made ski slope while trying to navigate through dense fog. Vaughan had played a show at Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wisconsin with Robert Cray & His Memphis Horns, and Eric Clapton. Vaughan was informed by a member of Clapton's crew that three seats were open on a helicopter returning to Chicago with Clapton's crew, it turned out there was only one seat left; Vaughan requested it from his brother, who obliged. Three members of Eric Clapton's entourage were also killed.

Full story here: http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/stevie_ray_vaughan
 

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Still Missed.:sad:
 
D

Deleted member 23692

Guest
Sublime musician and greatly missed


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIR3iBwB66Q
 

Fergs

Guru
25 years...where does the time go? Still remember how gutted i was that day. Never saw him live, although I had tickets to see him play Hammersmith that autumn. I feel a SRV you tube binge coming on

Thinking back, every time I looked into getting tickets to a blues gig the artist then died...Albert Collins, Albert king, John Lee hooker. Sometimes i think the only reason bb king lasted as long as he did was that I noticed the hoodoo and stopped looking at blues gigs:sad:
 
Top Bottom