Stir crazy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I'd been going a bit dolally of late. The weather has just been so shite that I've not fancied going for a ride; snow, then ice, wind and rain. So much of January has been spent sat inside looking out the window.

This morning, enough was enough. It was blowy and raining but I just had to get out on the bike. So I togged up, jumped on the fixed and went out for 90 minutes. I really enjoyed it! The weather wasn't what you'd call pleasant but I didn't mind, it was just great to be out. A few km from home and I felt I could have stayed out longer, ridden for another couple of hours. I loved the fixed and began to think that maybe I should do LEL on it.... hmmmm.....

So don't let the weather put you off. It's not so bad when you get out there!

snakehips

yello said:
So don't let the weather put you off. It's not so bad when you get out there!
Agreed , I went out yesterday after the rain had stopped , still very blowy at the time though. Went off road , got very muddy , but loved it ! Seems to be brightening up nicely today.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Sun's coming out here! :rolleyes:

I think it's a mental thing. In the week, when I have to commute (and thus have no choice about weather) I just put up with whatever gets chucked at me from the skies. At weekends, especially if the week has been 'challenging' weather-wise, I like to enjoy being more selective. Mrs B is watching the Andy Murray tennis on Beeb2 at the mo, but we may get a pootle round the lanes in a bit.

Have pumped my tyres up this morning, anyway!

mondobongo

Über Member
Pretty similar story Yello for me as well, although I did commute a couple of days last week. Just about to give the bike a going over ready for a ride tomorrow got to get some miles in now, should be doing a 2 Up 10 on Feb 21st.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The weather is lovely out... and I would love to be on the bike... unfortunately Mr Summerdays is away for the weekend, so I'm on kid duty, so no quick spins on the bike... boo hoo hoo!!

Top Bottom