Stolen bike check

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
Does anyone know of a good register of stolen bikes in the UK?

I am buying a used bike off eBay and have no reason to doubt it is legit but the seller can’t find the original receipt, I have some sympathy because I tend to lose them as well!

The seller was very happy to provide the frame number which I have googled and checked on the first sites that come up so all looks well. But what is the best was to check a frame number out?

Drago

Legendary Member
The one the dibble officially endorse is immobilise.com,so that's a good place to start I guess. Only real problem will be that probably 1 in 25 owners records their frame number, so even if it is half inches the odds of finding out are negligible.

Does anyone know of a good register of stolen bikes in the UK?

I am buying a used bike off eBay and have no reason to doubt it is legit but the seller can’t find the original receipt, I have some sympathy because I tend to lose them as well!

The seller was very happy to provide the frame number which I have googled and checked on the first sites that come up so all looks well. But what is the best was to check a frame number out?

That’s another great thing about getting all my bikes from Decathlon. When you buy a bike from them, the receipts are saved to their system. It makes any warranty issues ( of which I’ve had none ) and reselling the bikes a lot easier. It goes awry in any subsequent sales, but that’s not my issue.

OP
OP
Broadside

Broadside

Guru
First thread in this section has a few options listed.
Thanks, yes I searched a few of the threads before starting a new one.

After using 3 or 4 of the links to check a frame number it quickly became apparent that there is not one place for all stolen bikes.

I thought it would be a quick and easy thing to check but sadly not.

@Drago thanks for the immobilise suggestion, I will give that one a go also.

Top Bottom