Stolen Dawes Rohloff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maybrick

Hello there,
I'm posting in the hope that someone may encounter my wife's bike.
It was stolen by from the roof of our car near the Victoria Park area in Hackney on monday.
It's a yellow Dawes with a reynolds 631 frame which has been modified with sliding dropouts at the back end to take a Rohloff hub. Front wheel has a shimano hub dyno. Brooks saddle, tubus rear carrier & a twin leg kick stand. Full length m/guards & shwalbe marathon tyres. A black middleburn crank & DMR V12's. It has Magura rims brakes on mavic ceramic rims.
It is a nice bike, but has tremendous sentimental value, it's also a totally distintive so if you think you might be looking at it somewhere, then you probably are.
Any help most welcome.

lockablebox@hotmail.co.uk

or call Dave 07971 406 732

e-rider

crappy member
Good luck to you - I know how you feel. Unfortuantely, many 'distinctive' bikes get stolen and are never seen again! The are 60 million people in the UK and less than 1000 reading these pages! If you want to see it again you'l need to do all the leg work yourself - check ALL free ads. services such as Gumtree in the area and all over the country - set up numerous 'saved searches' on ebay etc etc. There are plenty of stolen bike databases so put the bike details on as many as you can. Get down Brick Lane!

Even if your bike turns up for sale on-line; from other posts on here, it appears that the Police will do absolutely nothing to help you get it back; so again you'll have to do the work yourself!

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Maybrick,
The first part of tundragumskis' post is right...set up the searches, visit Brick Lane.
Make sure you get a full description with photos to the Police. Get a name and contact number with the officer dealing with the case. Make sure you maintain contact with the officer (at least every 2 weeks).
Vike

tundragumski said:
Even if your bike turns up for sale on-line; from other posts on here, it appears that the Police will do absolutely nothing to help you get it back!

Well done buddy, why don't you just post
DON'T BOTHER! what a negative post.....

Fine if you feel like that but keep your opinions to yourself!

OP
OP
M

maybrick

thanks vike.
the police have all the relevant details, but the idea of getting a name and calling up regularly is something i'd not thought of.
i'm checking ebay, gumtree & craigslist but if you know of any other likely places or can recommend other forums to post to then i'd be grateful
cheers.

Happiness Stan

Vikeonabike said:
Well done buddy, why don't you just post
DON'T BOTHER! what a negative post.....

Fine if you feel like that but keep your opinions to yourself!

Then a chat forum would be pretty redundant then wouldn't it?

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Happiness Stan said:
Then a chat forum would be pretty redundant then wouldn't it?

In this particular part of the forum, negative comments should really be kept to ones selves! Doesn't help the loser keep motivated when looking for their bike if everyone comes over all negative.

As for the rest of the forum...variety is the spice of life.

e-rider

crappy member
Vike; you appear to be very grumpy and good at mis-understanding comments - just for you, I've put in an extra line to make my point more clear!

Top Bottom