Stolen: ladies Claud Butler Glide 1 electric bike, Holgate, York, 2-9 Feb 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TooLilac

It was stolen from my garage in Holgate between Tuesday 5th-Saturday 9th February 2013.
It is a silver-grey ladies Claud Butler Glide 1 electric bike with a silver pannier rack and side kick-stand. At the time it was taken, there was an old black Halfords pannier on the rear left hand side attached with green rope and two metal caribiners (the pannier rack is a non-standard size so my pannier didn't fit properly). There was also a cargo net on bungies hooks. The bike has a bell on the front LH side, a bracket for the front light on the handle bars, a purple frog light on the right handle bar, and a fixed back light.
They took the charger, two locks, and the lights. The thieves don't have the key so would have had to put the bike in a van or walked it away. The bike is really heavy and difficult to push it. Virtually impossible to pedal with no power.
Apparently it is straightforward to bypass the key lock to start the battery, so there may be signs that the lock has been tampered with. Alternatively, the person who has taken it may say they have lost the key.
The Police think whomever stole it has followed me home and been watching for an opportunity to take it. They managed to pop my garage door open somehow.
The frame number is TX11010060, the frame and pannier rack are reinforced to take the weight of battery pack so the frame looks abnormally thick. There is a kickstand on the LH side.
The bike is immaculate, but there are some scratches on the pannier rack.
It was worth £1300 and is just under a year old. I think it is also chipped and might have the postcode on it in UV paint.
1302104202568-17fnxb59ploue-399-75.jpg

Top Bottom