Stolen..,. my butchers bike from outside the front of my house

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
That is really terrible!
Hope you get it back soon: because it stands out from more common bikes it won't be easy to pass on.
Good luck, keep us posted.

OP
OP
thegravestoneman

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Bet they didn't get far on it - I wouldn't have done.
It was about 3 mile up the road, they had dumped the trade plate and the basket as obviously you can't recognise a 60 year old butchers bike with out them. I do have to say though it must have been an effort as only one gear is working at the moment and it is uphill all the way. There is a small group of them about 12 to 14 years old. I do have to thank the fellow who rang me up to say he had it in his back yard after he had aquired it off the said toerags he was a bit gutted as he had fallen in love with it. I have now sold him my Co-op low gravity that was gathering dust in my cellar for a price kinder to him than me., but I was not going to complete it's rebuild any time soon.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You've done well to engineer a reasonable result.

The answer to my mountain bike theft was also close to home - it was nicked by the wayward son of my next door neighbour.

Nothing meaningful happened to him over the bike, but he did get locked up for something else, so justice of a sort.

OP
OP
thegravestoneman

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
I have to say the police when I saw the local patrol car they advised me to 'knock' the culprit if I found him which is kinda what I had planned, but when I phoned it in the switchboard operator clearly had no idea of what a butchers bike was (not her fault) but didn't ask if there was any distinguishing features other than what colour it was. I had to offer her 'Open all hours' as a guide line after she had tried to end the call. The lads that nicked it may find they get into a bit of 'ahem' bother over the next couple of months but official justice won't be touching them as the fellow who had my bike has three small children and is rightly concerned over any comebacks.

Top Bottom