Stolen Surosa road bike - Clapham Common Tube Stn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattE

Regular
Hi Guys,
I am spreading the word about my mate's bike stolen on Sunday from cafe outside Clpham Common Tube. Locked to cycle rack whilst waiting for his brother to arrive before their London to Brighton ride.
Please keep your eyes open for the following, and let me know if this is seen anywhere - Many thanks...

Frame: black, Surosa J507xxxx2
Wheels: Shimano, profiled spokes, fewer spokes than normal, quick release
Pedals: Shimano – for Shimano SPD-SL cleats, scrape marks on side
Handlebars, drop, black tape, gear changers with brake levers, no end stops pushed into the bar end
Rear derailleur: Shimano
7 speed rear casette
Brakes: Campagnolo brakes, side pull
Front derailleur: Campagnolo, 2 speed

Saddle: black, plastic top with small split at back, a bit rusty underneath

Removable extras:

Carrier: Top Peak pannier beam rack that mounts to saddle post
Speedo: spoke attachment and detector on front fork for CatEye wireless mini speedo
Two water bottle holders, one metal one plastic - one black aluminium water bottle, one grey smaller aluminium water bottle
Pump: Wrench Force mini pump with gauge

JohnHenry

Loose member.
Arse. Did that mean he couldn't ride? The powers that be should bring back hanging, drawing and quartering for bike theft.

OP
OP
MattE

MattE

Regular
Yep not only a stolen bike but a loss of greatly needed sponsor money for the British Heart Foundation.
The annoying thing is the bike is a unique build and there are not a lot of Surosa frames around so it will be easily identifiable if it pops up on gumtree or eBay which means its more likely split for parts.. and I fully agree with the punishment for theft not just bike's as there is no excuse for it.

John88

Don't worry too much about the bike being split for parts, my bike was unique when it was stolen and I didn't see it for 5 months.

Then it simply turned up on gumtree as a complete bike... but had gone 250 miles down the road to London.

Top Bottom